Birthday boy.

Tonight was the night of Ethans party, his actual birthday is tomorrow but we wanted to surprise him a little before. I had secretly organised for his best friend Brian to come down and take him out for the day so I could sneak over to Marks studio where we are setting up his party. I picked up my phone from the bed side table and quietly texted Brian.

Y: Hey Brian, are you still cool for today?

B: Yes definitely! It'll be a day full of surprises for the birthday boy.

Y: You are amazing! Could you be here by 10?

B: I can do that, I'll see you then!

I placed my phone back on the bed side table where I got it and rolled over to cuddle into Ethans back, he was still softly snoring facing away from me. I began placing small pecks along his shoulders and up the back of his neck. He rustled a bit before rolling over to wrap his arms around me and pull me closer.

"Morning sleepy head." I whispered. He opened one eye and smiled before closing it again. "I know you're awake, I just saw you opening your eye!"
"No you didn't" he whispered and giggled.
"Yes I did!" I rolled him onto his back and jumped on top of him, straddling his hips.
"You're seeing things" he whispered again.
"Fine, I'll make you wake up." I furrowed my brows.

I sat high up on my knees and began tickling his sides causing him to begin laughing uncontrollably.
"Okay okay! I'll wake up!" He said pushing me off him and rolling over again. He pulled the blanket back up to his chest and closed his eyes again smiling.
"Hey! That's it!" I yelled jumping on him again and smothering him in kisses and tickling him again.
"Alrighttttt!" He whined trying to get me to stop and sat up against the head board of the bed.
"Thank you! Now I need you to go shower and get dressed! I have someone coming here and you need to be presentable!" I demanded plopping myself down next to him.
"Aw but whyyyy." He grumbled.
"Because it's important to me so you have to!" I crossed my arms at him.
"You're lucky I like you." He huffed and got out of bed, walking to the bathroom.
"Thank you, I love youuuu!" I cooed
"Yeah yeah I love you too." He waved his hand at me making me laugh.

Once he came back from the bathroom I was still sat in bed and I watched him as he went to get dressed.
"Who's so important that I need to get dressed for? I mean you're still in bed and you rushed me to shower!" He complained.
"You'll see! Like I said it's important to me so you have to." I grinned.
"You're a pest." He rolled his eyes as he turned to the wardrobe.
"You know it!" I exclaimed hopping off the bed and going to shower myself.

Once I got out I saw I had a text on my phone from Brian.

B: Hey, I'm on my way now!

Y: Okay sweet! It's going to be so nice to see you!

I put my phone back down and got dressed before pocketing it and making my way downstairs to pour myself a bowl of cereal. I pulled out the cereal and a bowl and poured it in, turning to the fridge to get the milk. To my dissatisfaction the milk spot on the door was empty, I threw my head back and groaned.
"What's wrong?" Ethan called out.
"There's no milk left!" I sighed.
"Oh yeah I just finished it, sorry!" He smirked and pointed to the empty bottle on the bench.
"Looks like toast it is!" I said while putting the cereal back into its box.
"Well that's the thing..." he trailed off.
"What..?" I looked at him.
"There's no bread left either.." he rubbed the back of his neck.
"God damn it!" I huffed.
"I can get you something delivered?" He offered.
"No it's okay, I've got to go out soon anyway, I'll get something while I'm out." I crookedly smiled.
"I thought you had someone coming?!" He looked at me.
"Well I do, but it's not reeeally for me.." I played with a strand of my hair.
"Then what's it for..?" He questioned.
"Well it's for you!" I said interrupted by a knock at the door. "You should probably answer that." I laughed, he raised his eyebrow at me and walked to the door.

I watched as his eyes widened. "Brian!" He yelled and pulled his brother in for a hug.
"Hey birthday boy!" Brian said hugging him back.
"What are you doing here?!" Ethan asked looking shocked but happy.
"Well your girlfriend over there teed up for a bit of a surprise and you and I are going to hang out today!" Brian grinned.
"I told you it was for you." I laughed and shrugged while grabbing my bag and keys off the coffee table. "Now I've got to go and you boys are going to keep busy today! I'll be back later!" I kissed Ethan on the cheek and gave Brian a big hug. "Thanks again for coming Brian!"
"That's okay! I'm glad to be here!" Brain smiled.
"The spare room is all made up for you to stay in too!" I giggled.
"You're staying here!?" Ethan practically jumped up and down excited.
"Well yeah of course, do you really think I'll leave the day before your birthday?!" He laughed.
"This is the best day ever!" Ethan yelled out.
I laughed and made my way out to the car dialling Amy's number.

"Hi (Y/N)!" She answered the phone.
"Hey! I'm on my way to the studio, are you able to bring the final things please!?" I asked.
"Yeah definitely! I'll bring it over soon, did Mark give you the spare key?!" She questioned.
"Yeah I've got it with me, I'll be there in 20!" I replied.
"Okay sweet I'll see you soon!!" And with that she hung up and I was already on my way to the studio.