02 • The Celebration (1)

Y/N'S POV

"Nice to meet you too, Bonita."

He replied, the smirk returning on his freckled face. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"It's Y/n, not Bonita."

He hummed in amusement, resting his elbows on the stairs.

"Alright, Y/n not Bonita. How was the trip to Encanto?"

He asked, looking at me curiously.

"It honestly wasn't that bad, but if you dislike not taking a bath for three days then it'll probably suck."

"So, when I saw you earlier.. you haven't taken a bath for three days?"

He states, giving me an amused smile. I looked at him and smiled innocently.

"I'm actually going for 5 days without a bath."

His eyes widened in shock and he quickly got up.

"What?! You-"

He sat down again and whispered, trying to maintain a good distance between us now.

"You haven't taken a bath yet?"

He asked, his voice laced with disgust. I laughed, covering my mouth so I wouldn't be too loud. Which didn't help since it caught my Brothers' and Antonio's attention, making me mutter a quick apology to them.

Camilo looked at me confused.

"I'm joking, Camilo. I already did before I unpacked."

He sighed in relief, scooting back closer to me.

"That wasn't funny, I thought I was talking to a girl who hasn't showered for three days."

I chuckled, a question suddenly popped into my head.

"What's your power, Camilo?"

I asked curiously, looking up at the golden glowing doors to admire them.

"I think It would be nice to have powers like you and your family."

I continued, glancing back at him only to see that he was staring at me. again.

"What's wrong? Staring is rude you know."

"Oh, sorry. I saw something pretty." He sneered at me.

I groaned, his teasing eating my patience away.

"Just answer the question, Chico."

"My gift is shape-shifting, Hermosa. Do you wanna see?"

He asked excitedly, giving me a small smile. I was going to agree when Mama walked in.

"Y/n, Marcos, Matias! Time to go home, it's getting late."

My mother stated, walking to the front door with Abuela. I got up and walked downstairs, Camilo following behind me.

"Muchas gracias, Señora, for having us join you for dinner. We'll be helping you set up for the Celebration tomorrow."

Abuela nodded, smiling at my mother.

"Thank You for joining us, I can't wait for tomorrow. Have a good evening!"

Me and My Brothers thanked everyone for having us for dinner. I then turned to Camilo to thank him as well.

"Thank you for tonight, I enjoyed hanging out with you. Maybe you can show me your gift next time."

I smiled at him, he nodded and smiled back.