12 • Truth or Lies

3RD PERSON POV

Y/n walks up to Mirabel and the others as they headed up to Antonio's room.

“Hey, Mira!”

She exclaimed happily. Mirabel glanced at her, giving her a soft smile. They held eachother's hands as they walked into Antonio's room.

Antonio’s new, magical room opens to reveal an enormous Rainforest. Animals raced through the crowd, as Y/n audibly gasped at the breathtaking view in front of her.

“It’s bigger on the inside?!”

A little girl exclaimed in awe. As the kids gawked at the view, a loud 'ROAR' was heard behind the people.

A Jaguar races past and heads to Antonio, the jaguar scoops him up onto his back and quickly races through the enormous room.

“WEPA ANTONIO! Vaya, vaya!”

Félix exclaims proudly at his son. As the jaguars picks up speed, it playfully roars at Antonio.

“You wanna go where?!”

The Jaguar races up a tree trunk, tossing Antonio in the air.

“Whoooaa!”

He bounces on a hammock and skates on the surface of a river, using a snake as a rope, having the time of his life. Everyone watches as the introverted kid hollers in happiness.

“Woooo-hoooo!”

Antonio runs his hand through the waterfall. The jaguar and Antonio finally stops near the family, Félix celebrates with Pepa and the Jaguar leaps onto Agustín, almost knocking him over.

Mirabel watches, relieved for Antonio, but the moment turns as Abuela hurries over to Antonio, feeling proud and relieved. She pulled the little boy in for a hug, her eyes full of pride.

“I knew you could do it.. a gift, just as special as you.”

The words pierced Mirabel’s heart, she knew that avoiding her feelings were no longer possible. She felt alone and unworthy, watching her family she feels she is not truly a part of.

Y/n happily watches the family before turning to Mirabel, noticing her down and broken demeanor.

“Mirabel? You okay?”

The worried girl asked Mirabel who reluctantly nodded.

“Oh! We need a picture! Everyone, come
come, come, come, come! It’s a great night, it’s a perfect night. Everyone together!”

The family gathered together, completely forgetting about Mirabel who sadly watched them. The townspeople gathered together to look at the Madrigals.

“LA FAMILIA MADRIGAL!”

Y/n frowned when she noticed that Mirabel wasn't part of the family picture they took. Mirabel walks off, Y/n glances back and holds her shoulder.

“Wait, where are you going? I'm coming with you.”

Y/n worriedly looks at her friend who only gave her a sad smile before shrugging off
Y/n's hand.

“I.. I just need a bit of space, I'll join you in a bit.”

She excuses, walking off. Y/n sadly looks down before walking off to join Camilo.

“Hola, Hermo– whoa.. what's wrong?”

Camilo worriedly lifts Y/n's chin up, she heaves a sigh before looking back at the door Mirabel walked out of.

“Uhm.. It's nothing, I don't think I'm supposed to tell you anyway.”