24 • The Secret Admirer

CAMILO'S POV

I exhaled nervously before glancing back at Y/n. It's now or never. Time for confessions.

Mirabel and Isabela walked away to join the others, leaving me and Y/n standing at the middle like we're performing some type of show for the others to watch.

I nervously adjusted my Ruana as I cleared my throat. Wait, the letter.. I heaved a sigh, I was supposed to place this to her window later..

I grabbed the envelope from my back pocket as I walked up to her. Here goes nothing.

3RD PERSON POV

Y/n watched as Camilo pulled out an envelope from his pocket. The sight of the familiar envelope made her stomach drop as she felt the heat creep up on her face.

Could it be?

She thought as she touched the necklace that comfortably hung around her neck.

Camilo stopped in front of her. His gaze making her feel smaller than usual. He smiled, slowly handing her the envelope.

“For you, Y/n.”

She nervously smiled back, taking the letter from his shaking hands.

She slowly opened the envelope, every movement she made while opening it left Camilo more terrified than before.

She took the folded paper out and began reading.

Dear Y/n,

Hola, Y/n. I've decided to finally make this letter. It took a lot of courage and pondering to finally get myself to confess this to you and it's literally on paper.

I'm your friend.
Your bestfriend.
Camilo Madrigal.

I hope you're not mad, but I have feelings for you. I love you. I couldn't help it with that face of yours HAHA <3 You're one of the sweetest and most beautiful people I've met in my life.

I'll understand if you don't feel the same, no need to pressure yourself. I just wanted to get this off my chest.

I hope you're doing well, take care of yourself because I won't always be with you to do that <3

Secret Admirer,
Camilo.

She looked up at him with wide eyes, he couldn't seem to meet her gaze.

“Camilo..”

She spoke, the sound of his name with her voice made him smile. Meanwhile, she still couldn't process the situation.

“Y/n.. I love you..”

He stated, finally looking at her. Her face was red and she felt her heart beat quicken. Reading the words was something but personally hearing it from him made her feel all sorts of things.

All of their memories together replayed in her head, her feelings for him getting clearer by the second.

Meanwhile, her silence made Camilo more nervous than before. He was afraid that he'd get rejected, afraid that Y/n might not want to be with him anymore, even as a friend.

“Camilo, I love you too..”

The sudden reply made him look up in surprise. The others that surrounded them cheered ecstatically at the two young lovers, happy that they were finally together.

Camilo smiled widely, slowly grabbing her hands.

“Could you.. repeat that?”

He asked, his eyes admiring the girl in front of him. She chuckled, leaning in for a hug.

“I love you too..”

He laughed happily, relief and joy radiated from the two. Camilo hugged her back, slightly lifting her off the ground.

“I can't believe that you were my Secret Admirer! I told you everything!”

Y/n exclaimed, making Camilo chuckle.

“It was fun seeing your reactions.”

Camilo shrugged, only earning a scoff and a smile from his lover.

“Don't be upset, Mi Amor. At least now.. you know.”

FELICITACIONES!”

The Madrigals and Y/n's  family congratulated the two, they felt happy that they were finally together, and they knew that everything was finally going to be okay, for their Families and for the Encanto.

Y/n was happy that everything was finally going to a good direction, and she was happy to finally know who The Secret Admirer was.

“THE END”