17 • Do I Like You?

-
We walked into the Casita, the house was quiet and the tension was heavy in the air. I shuffled awkwardly beside Camilo.

He seemed to notice my awkward demeanor and chuckled. He gently pulled me closer with our linked hands.

“You okay?”

He asked, I nodded and hummed, feeling a bit flustered at his action. Nobody was with us but I was scared being in the house for some reason.

“Yep, never better..”

He chuckled nervously as we walked up the stairs and to his room. He opened the door, letting me walk in first.

He then walked in afterwards, the walls of his room morphing into the colors of black and gray, with a few blue spots. He's definitely not feeling like his usual self.

I worriedly glanced at Camilo who sat on his bed, looking down. He seemed to be hiding his face.

“Camilo..”

I sat down next to him, resting my hand on his shoulder.

“What's wrong?”

He sighed. After about a few minutes of silence, sniffles could be heard. My eyes widened, making me crouch down to look at his face. He's crying.

He turned away, wiping away his tears that kept on coming.

“Y–You shouldn't see me like this...”

He frowned, I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

“Camilo..  We're friends, and friends are always there for eachother.”

“I just -- I haven't been sure about who I am and who I'm supposed to be all this time, and to.. have my gift just flicker like earlier.. I'm scared..”

“You are Camilo, you're my best friend. You are literally the kindest boy I've ever met, you help people, the kids love you, and you're a hardworking person.”

He frowns, looking away.

“But.. I have to Shapeshift to other people whenever someone needs help..”

“But, you don't when I need you..”

He smiled, nodding. I scooted closer, wrapping him in a tight hug. He tensed up, making me pull away. Oh, maybe he wasn't comfortable with hugging.

I let him go, looking away in embarrassment.

“Sorry... I just wanted to --”

I was cut off with him suddenly hugging me. I looked down at him a bit surprised before reciprocating the action. I smiled, stroking his back to comfort him.

He rested his head on the crook of my neck,  his breath tickling me. I felt my face heat up.

I've never felt like this before..

He pulled away after a bit, his face a bit red. He looked down at me before resting his hand on the side of my face. 

I couldn't seem to pay attention to anything else as I studied his face. His green eyes, his freckles, his cute nose, and his lips.

Do I..

He smiled as he inched in closer, almost closing the gap between us. He paused, making eye contact.

“Can I.. kiss you?”

..Like You?

I wrapped my arms around his neck, slowly closing the gap between us. My first kiss.

We stayed like that for a bit before we pulled away, breathing heavily. I rested my head on his shoulder, feeling my heartbeat quicken.

What the hell just happened?

---

A/N:

Y'all kissed?😳 HAHAHHA anyway, short chapter cuz I wanted to separate this moment from the shi that's about to go down! I hope you guys liked it :D

-author rance┌(・。・)┘♪

Word Count: 558