13 • Shapeshift

Y/N'S POV

The Ceremony had ended and I was on the way home with my Brothers and Mamá.

“I didn't see you guys during the Ceremony, where were you?”

I asked, curiously looking at my brothers. They glanced at me, both giving me smug smiles.

“You didn't see us, but we saw you~”

Marcos teased, pinching my cheek. I whined in pain, pushing his hand away.

“but it was weird, huh.”

Matias butted in, looking up at the sky. I glanced at him, raising one of my eyebrows.

“Hm? What was?”

He rolled his eyes before looking back at me.

“Mirabel, when she suddenly rushed in and talked about cracks and stuff in their house.”

“Oh... right. Yeah, it was weird.. but I'm sure she had a good reason to do that.”

I stated. I'm sure she does, because if she doesn't, then maybe.. Camilo was right.

---

I tiredly plopped down on my bed after changing into my nightgown. I sighed, pulling the thick blanket over me.

Today was fun yet tiring. I felt my eyelids get heavier as my mind drifted off to different things. I hope Mirabel's okay.

The next morning, I was woken up by the sound of someone knocking on my door. I opened my eyes, not bothering to sit up to open it.

“Come in”

I groggily glanced at the door as it opened, Mamá walked in. She chuckled when she saw me.

“Mija, get up. You have chores to do, get ready and come down to eat your breakfast.”

She says, opening the curtains to let the sun shine in the room. I groaned at the sudden light, making me squint.

“Yes, Mamá. I'll be down in a bit.”

She hums, looking at me one last time before walking out of the room. She left my door open. I whined, not wanting to get up.

I yawned, finally sitting up after a bit. I did a bit of stretching before getting up to take a shower. Afterwards, I changed into my outfit before heading downstairs to join mamá and the others.

“Buenos Dias, Mija. Eat up, then water the plants afterwards.”

“Sí, Mamá.”

I yawned, making myself a hot choco. I then ate my cold pancakes, looking around. Where are the twins?

“Mami? Where's Matias and Marcos?”

I asked, taking a sip off my hot choco. She glanced up from her mug, before answering.

“They went out to go play with their friends.”

“This early?”

I asked, looking at the time. 11AM, oh. Mamá chuckled, finishing her coffee.

“You don't sleep, Mija. You hibernate.”

I laughed, playfully rolling my eyes at her joke.

“I'm going to go talk to the neighbors, you can have your free time after your chore.”

She says before walking out of the house. I quickly finished my "breakfast" and headed to the backyard to water the plants. I grabbed the watering can and began filling it up with water.