21 • Under the Surface

Y/N'S POV

I slowly opened my eyes, the peeking sunrays from a closed window and an unfamiliar room greeted me. I sat up, confused.

Where am I? What happened?

I almost screamed in pain when I tried to move an arm. I quickly looked down in panic, seeing my right arm wrapped with white bandage and what seemed to be a Cast.

Did I break.. my arm?

I sighed, groaning as I stood up. I looked around the unfamiliar room, it looks like a Clinic. I grabbed my satchel at the bedside table before heading out.

“Y/n!”

I squinted my eyes, the sudden brightness outside catching me off-guard. I was then suddenly engulfed in an embrace, almost making me lose my balance. I looked down, seeing Mamá.

“Whoa, mamí. I'm okay! What happened?”

She wiped away a tear as she finally lowered her arms.

“You broke an arm when you jumped down from the roof. I'm so glad you're okay, Mija.”

I hummed, glancing at my injured arm before giving her a reassuring smile.

“And I'll be quick with recovery! But.. where's Mira? Is she okay? What about the twins?”

She sighed, tucking a strand of hair away from her face.

“Mirabel's.. missing, Y/n. We don't know where she went, everybody's been looking for her for hours now.”

My eyes widened as I furrowed my eyebrows. She just saved the Miracle, what happened?

“And the twins are helping --”

“I want to help too!”

I exclaimed, walking away to head to where the Madrigals were.

“Y/n! You need to rest, your arm!”

I sighed, turning around.

“I'll be fine, Mamá.”

She pondered for a bit, but before she could say anything else I walked away.

“BE CAREFUL, MIJA!”

I waved at her before sprinting.

---

I stopped jogging to take a breath. I'm so out of shape. I looked down at what used to be the Madrigal's Casita. I frowned before hearing tía Julieta and the others call for Mirabel.

“Mirabel!”

“Mirabel! Answer us!”

“Where are you, Mirabel?”

I started to walk up to tía Julieta when someone grabbed my hand. I quickly turned around seeing.. Camilo.

He looked like he was about to cry when I looked at him, I worriedly held his hand as I completely faced him.

“Camilo.. are you oka --”

He cut me off with a sudden hug. I stumbled for a bit before hugging him back with one arm. Since the other one can't be moved for a while.

“Y/n.. I– I thought you died!”

He exclaimed, breaking the hug but not letting go of my shoulders. I chuckled at his statement as I shook my head.

“Well.. obviously I'm not. But, are you okay? You're not hurt, right?”

I asked, looking at him up and down. He gave me a lopsided grin before shaking his head.