06 • Anonymous Lover

Y/N'S POV

“So, Chico. Where are we headed to?”

I excitedly asked Camilo, it was going to be my first time seeing other places in Encanto.

“There's this cool place I always hang around to. Do you wanna go there?”

Camilo suggested, I didn't hesitate to agree.

“It's a bit far though, Dolores wouldn't even be able to hear us from there. Proven and tested.”

He states, I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him. Sus. (Sorry I had to😭)

“Proven and Tested?”

Camilo nods, giving me a lopsided grin.

“You wanna Prove and Test it too?”

He teased, I audibly gasped and playfully shoved him away.

“I meant, you can gossip to me about anything and nobody would hear. What were you even thinking, Hermosa?”

He snickered, I rolled my eyes and continued on walking.

“So.. what were you gonna tell me?”

Camilo glanced at me, I could feel my face heat up.

“I–it's.. uhh...”

I fidgeted my fingers, I couldn't seem to find the right words to say about the confession letter.

Camilo seemed amused at my current state, teasing me even more.

“Spit it out, Y/n.”

I heaved a sigh. I opened my satchel, slowly pulling out the brown envelope.

I showed it to him, but he only blankly stared at the piece of paper in my hand.

“What? What's this?”

He asked, raising his eyebrow in confusion.

“I'll tell you when we get there..”

---

I looked around, taking in the beautiful scenery. The whole town could be seen from up here.

“It's so beautiful!”

I exclaimed avidly, glancing at Camilo who was smiling at me.

“I know, I come here whenever I don't have anything to do. I've never actually brought anyone up here before.”

He confessed, running his hand through his curly hair, trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Oh, the Envelope! Who's it from?”

He changed the subject, sitting on one of the branches of the old tree near us. He patted the space beside him.

I walked over and sat down, taking the Envelope out of my Satchel.

“I don't know who it was from, but it was wedged in-between my window.”

I explained as I opened the envelope, handing the folded paper to Camilo. He unfolded the paper and began to read the letter.

We both stayed quiet as I waited for his response. I kept on playing with my fingers, my attention getting ripped away from it when I heard Camilo chuckle.

I looked up at him as he returned the letter to me.

“Whoever this was, he was probably at the party last night.”

He rested his back on the tree, closing his eyes. I stared at his seemingly calm demeanor, smiling.

“You know, Hermosa. If you keep staring like that, your anonymous lover might get hurt.”