16 • The Proposal

-
I opened the door to our house, seeing Mamà and my brothers getting ready.

"Whoa, where are you guys going?"

I asked, a bit surprised. I headed to the kitchen, getting myself a glass of water.

"Y/n! Perfect timing, get ready! We're going to be greeting the Guzmans and Madrigals for Isabela's proposal. The other townspeople are coming as well."

"Oh.."

I placed the glass down after drinking my water. Today's the day that Mariano's going to propose to Isabela.

"Alright, I'll be right back. I'm gonna get ready."

I quickly headed to my room to put on a nicer dress for the occasion.

(The dress, but you can imagine something else.)

After fixing myself up, I headed downstairs

"You look beautiful, Mija. Matias, Marcos, grab the banner. Let's head to the Casita with the others."

She says, quickly fixing my hair before we headed to the Casita with the other townspeople.

"Okay.. Everyone. We'll be standing by the dining area's door, and after Mariano proposes to Isabela we open the door then surprise them with our 'felicidades' banner."

The priest explained the plan to everyone before patting my brothers on their shoulders as they held up the banner. Meanwhile, I stood beside Mamà as we waited.

After a while of standing and staring at the closed doors, I sighed, looking around in boredom. This is taking so lo --

Suddenly thunder could be heard from inside, along with shouting and a ruckus sound of utensils and furniture falling.

"Well.. it seems to be going well."

Matias commented, I rolled my eyes and lightly elbowed him on the side. Telling him to shut up.

The doors suddenly swung open, surprising us.

"FELICIDADES! - whoa..."

Animals ran out of the door and Pepa's cloud poured rain and thundered inside the house.

The Guzmans quickly walks out, Mariano held his nose as he walked away with his Mother.

"Señora, por favor!"

Abuela Alma follows them, embarrassed.

"Abuela! Please, there's gotta be an explanation --"

Isabela angrily stomps past Mirabel, cutting her off.

"I Hate You!"

She exclaims, Luisa quickly ran past Mirabel as Isabela walked away.

"Ahh, I'm a loser!"

"Luisa!"

Luisa sobbed, Agustin followed her to attempt to comfort his daughter.

"What did you do?!"

Pepa exclaimed before walking away.

"I'm not doing anything! It's Bruno's vision It's..."

Mirabel suddenly looks somewhere then walks away.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before noticing someone walk up to the door. I looked up, meeting eyes with Camilo.

A mix of shock and worry was plastered across his face, he gave me a small smile before walking away. What is happening?

---

I worriedly sat beside my brothers as we stared at the looming Casita. After the events from earlier, it seemed to look more dull.

“What do you think went wrong?”

Marcos asked curiously. I sighed, resting my arms on their shoulders.

“Everything?”

Matías chuckled at my answer, earning a light slap on the arm from me.

“Ay, don't laugh. Poor Isabela, her proposal was ruined.”

I frowned, that probably sucked for Mariano as well. I heard he made a song for her too. Poor guy.

I then noticed someone walk out of the Casita, Camilo and Antonio.

Camilo was telling something to Antonio when Antonio looks up at us and smiles widely, pointing at our direction.

Camilo glanced at where he was pointing at, his face immediately lighting up when he realized it was us.

“Camilo! Antonio!”

I exclaimed, my brothers and I waved to greet them. The two quickly walked over, Antonio immediately jumped at Marcos and laughed.

“Hola, hombrecito! What's up little man?”

The two did some sort of complex handshake, laughing afterwards. Antonio walks over to Matias and does the same handshake.

“Hola! How are you guys?”

I asked, making Matias scoot over so Camilo could sit down. Meanwhile, Antonio sat on Marcos' lap.

“We're good, just a bit.. uhm.. shaken up.”

“Jeez, what even happened earlier?”

Matias asked, worriedly looking at Camilo. Camilo glanced at me and sighed, I then noticed his hands shaking a bit. He hid it behind his ruana when he saw that I noticed.

“Well.. It's really weird, and I'd rather not talk about it right now..”

I sighed, resting my hand on his to comfort him. He looks up and smiles at me, a hint of red visible on his cheeks.

“Let's hang out, to get things off your mind.”

I stood up, holding my hand out for him to grab. He chuckles and nods, taking my hand. I pulled him up and groaned at his weight.

“But.. what about Anto--”

ROAR. We turned around, startled. Antonio's jaguar races along the pavement, heading to us. It stops just beside Camilo and I.

I patted its head, it's basically a giant cat. Antonio goes ahead and hops onto the Jaguar.

“I'll be okay, I'm gonna hang out with Marcos and Matias!”

“Alright, be careful you guys.”

Camilo smiles, stroking the Jaguar's head.

“Yeah yeah, we'll be fine. You guys go ahead and enjoy your date.”

Matias stated, I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

“Sure, Mat. I'll see you guys later.”

Camilo and I waved goodbye, walking away from the three who sprinted off somewhere.

“So.. where are we headed?”

He smiled and linked our hands together.

“My room!”

---

A/N:

Short chapter, but hey it's an update HAHA! The following chapters will probably go over 1k words but we'll see! Hopefully you guys liked this chapter^^ I can't believe this book only has a few chapters left before it ends, I'll be making a new book soon though!

-author rance ~(つˆДˆ)つ。☆

Word Count: 940