19 • Family Issues

-
Just as the two was out of sight, I sat back down on Camilo's bed. Amused at the scene that just unfolded earlier.

“That was.. bizarre, and amazing! They're finally getting along!”

I stated enthusiastically. Camilo chuckled, nodding in agreement.

“Yeah, kinda weird since they've hated eachother for.. well, forever.”

He hummed, resting his shoulder on the wall with his arms crossed.

“Also did you see Isabela's plants? Weren't they cool? I guess she's lear --”

“What is going on?!”

I stopped talking, Camilo and I quickly looked at his door. Abuela's angry? I worriedly glanced back at him who gave me a comforting smile.

“I.. should probably go..”

“I'll take you home, come on.”

I was gonna protest but he gave me a look that says don't even say it. I chuckled, hopping off his bed before walking out with him.

“Please, just.. Isabela wasn’t happy and --”

“Of course she's unhappy! You ruined her proposal!”

Abuela exclaimed angrily as Mirabel tried to explain. We stopped and stood in front of his door. Looks like I won't be going anywhere.. I don't want to interrupt them.

A pair of hands suddenly grabbed mine, I looked up, seeing Camilo.

“Don't worry, c'mon.”

I nodded, we slowly walked down the stairs and stood beside Dolores who looked worried.

She glanced at us before resting her hand on my shoulder.

“No, no! She needed me to ruin her proposal and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter, and the cracks --”

“Mirabel..”

The ground shook lightly, worry rising from my chest. I looked at Mirabel who looked desperate to make her Abuela understand.

“That’s why I’m in the vision, I’m saving the miracle!”

“YOU HAVE TO STOP, MIRABEL!”

Luisa enters the courtyard looking concerned, and stands beside Isabela.

“The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa’s losing her powers, Isabela’s out of control, because of you. I don’t know why you weren’t given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to curse this family!”

Anger bubbled within me as I heard her words, but Camilo only frowned and held my hand tighter. Stopping me from defending Mirabel. She doesn't deserve this.

Agustin and Julieta walked in the courtyard, they must've heard the argument. I watched as Mirabel's face turned from hopeful to heartbroken.

The cracks surrounded us, it also surrounded Mirabel and Abuela. Mirabel gave me a quick glance. I gave her a small smile, telling her to defend herself, to defend her family.

“I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try.”

She stops, looking around. Realization hitting her.

“No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough.. Isabela won’t be perfect enough! Bruno left our family, because you only saw the worst in him!”

“Bruno didn't care about this Family!”

“He loves this family, I love this family! We all love this family! You’re the one that doesn’t care! You’re the one breaking our home!”