Chapter 9

Have you ever been tired of being tired, like it's weird though. I've never been one to talk like this or share shit but I just needed to write this yk.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

December 20th

11:50 am

Light came out of the bus and was called by Penber.

“I’m here in Japan on a secret investigation, keep this a secret from Japanese police” he requested.

Light nodded his head, “Understood, I won’t tell anyone that I met you.” He said “including my father”.

“Thank you I’ll be off then” Penber quickly took his leave fading into the distance

“Mh don’t worry he won’t, he wouldn’t want the police to know he met you either” you whispered letting a small chuckle escape your lips. “your dad would probably tell Mr world renowned detective”

Light simply stared at you, a little too long for you liking. You raised an eyebrow, he looked away. “Maybe Ryuk was right, I should have taken y/n it would have been easier”. He thought.

Nakamura got down from the bus escorting every one down as well. “The police will deal with this as a regular accident” he sighed.

“Sorry the date was bullshit” he apologised to both you and yuri.

You just smiled and waved you hands, “At least we’re all alive”.

Yuri nodded.

~At Raye’s apartment~

The agent was very tired when he got home. He explained the whole day to his fiancée.

“Hey Raye? Do you really think it was an accident?” she asked.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“You were on the bus for an investigation right? The criminal probably died” she continued “doesn’t that mean...”

He interrupted her, “You were once an excellent FBI agent but now you’re just my fiancée. You’re no longer an agent” he said “don’t get involved in this case, that’s what we agreed on when I brought you here so I could meet your parents”. (We should all boo him)

“I understand, its just an old habit” she apologised.

“No worries, once we started a family you’ll forget about all this, there will be no time for that habit to pop up” he said “help me think of something that’ll make your father like me more”. (Boo ×2)

~At the Yagami residence~

Your mom was going to stay the night at Light’s place. Seeing as Light’s and your dad were to busy with their jobs to come home, they decided to have a slumber party ‘like old times’. And of course you were dragged along.....they didn't even let you in the actual 'slumber party shit'

You were on light’s bed very tired from the day you had, you were already in pyjamas and was gonna stay in Sayu’s room because she wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“Are you gonna write the name of the agent down now?” Ryuk asked Light who was on his computer.

“No, not till a week from now” he explained, “If he died just after I met him it’ll be suspicious, it’ll be better to do it they’ve investigated more people involved with the police”.

“Hmm, so why was he following y/n today?” Ryuk asked.

“It’s been for a while now” you corrected. They both turned around to look at you completely aghast.

“Why didn’t you say anything?!” Light questioned.

“Because I thought it was you he was following seeing as I was with you most of the time. But when I would come to meet you he was following me, I thought he lost sight of you and was using me to get to you. But he was outside my house all through last night”. You explained still unbothered.

“I mean we live close to each other it’ll make sense to use one agent.....Wait no, you’re not connected with the police. My dad is the closest you can get.” He reasoned “Do you know anyone from the police force?”

You shook your head “Not at all.” You stood up to meet light, “Light your plan was very complicated, how about if it didn’t work?”

“But it did” he replied “let’s not dwell on things that didn’t happen”

You sighed, “Poor Yuri you just used her”

“And so?” Light asked looking at you
“I did ask him to take you instead” Ryuk said floating around.

Light scowled at Ryuk, “Yes, it would have been easier, but no one asked Ryuk”.

You shrugged, “I mean what’s done is done, let’s not dwell on things that didn’t happen” you plopped back on the bed. “So what are you gonna do now?”

“I’ll just use more prison inmates to toy with L” light put his focus back on the book in front of him.

~In L’s room~

L’s laptop gave out a beep.

“L, there is another dying message a victim left” Watari informed.

“Please send the message” L requested
“Shinigami....” he recalled something, “L did you know....Shinigami...”

~In Light’s room~

“You what?!” you exclaimed.

Light put his finger to his lips, “you’re yelling.”

“What the-, how about if he finds out Shinigami exist?”

“That wouldn’t lead to me though” he said

“Well, it would definitely lead to something, then that something would lead to that something, then another something then it leads to you!” You explained.

Light could understand where you were coming from, "Look y/n, it's fine, I'll fix it."

You huffed, "Like you always do"

"Exactly good girl"

~Back in L’s room~

“Does he want to say shinigami exist?” He reasoned, “Watari, tell the police to keep watch on the prison. Someone else might leave a message.”

“Understood” Watari answered

December 27th (not them skipping Christmas🚶‍♀️)

3:00 pm

You, light and Ryuk where at the train station,

“There are sure a lot of humans, are you going to do it here?” Ryuk asked.

“I’ll show you what I’ve learnt from all the investigations and experiments I’ve done this past few days.” Light responded.

“Y/n seems to be having fun” Ryuk said.
You were running around trying different snacks they sold at the station, you were having a blast, you couldn’t say the same for Light’s wallet. You ran over to light with snack.

“Look light, it looks like a fish but it’s like cake, it’s really good I still prefer the crepes and the mochi with the ice cream in it” you smiled.

You usually had a bored look on your face the only time you smiled was when you did something morally incorrect it was weird to see a genuine smile on you face.

He gave you a pat on your head. You ate the remaining of your snack and stood next you aLight.

“As I was saying, I’ve been testing different killing methods on the criminals in this area” he explained “first I write the cause of death and the circumstances in the death note, when I write a name after it becomes true.

“This is something even I didn’t know” Ryuk thought.

“imIsn’t that how you killed the guy on the bus” you asked. He replied with a nod.

“He’s here” Light said. You both covered your heads with your hoodies.

Raye Penber was at the station, right on time. As he walked passed the both of you, you followed him immediately.
“Mr Raye Penber” light spoke, “I’ll kill you if you turn around, I am kira”
•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•♤•
Sorry for the meh chapter and there has been no L x reader that’s crazy.... 
So have you eaten?.....
Please don’t starve yourself unless it’s for religious reasons then I respect that.
You guys gotta see this....I don’t know why it’s so funny to me