Chapter 41

~In the lobby of L’s hotel~

“Is this really necessary” Light held up his left hand, which was chained to L’s right hand.

“Yeah, what he said” you shook your left hand, which caused a rattling sound to echo around the room. “Why am I chained to you two? Dad say something, you’re not going to allow me to sleep in the same room with two men?” Your thoughts were running wild. If this was how it was going to be, you had no problems with it.

“We can’t have two suspects chained together, don’t worry you’ll be chained to your friend when you want to sleep”. The detective answered.

Misa hugged you, causing you to lose your balance and fall on the floor. Unfortunately, the cuffs were long enough for Light and L to not get affected. They just stared as Misa was squealing about forever sleepovers and you were thinking about wrapping the chains around her neck and pulling it. Both of you had wide grins on your face by the way.

It took a while for Light and L being together all the time to register into Misa’s head, and when it did, she jumped off you, immediately yelling at L.

“He’s just a pervert”. You were still on the floor, the carpet was comfortable—you were too lazy to get up.

He glanced at you with a defeated expression, Misa was making his ears bleed, and he realised making you forgive him would be harder than the case at hand.

“And for my condition, I would like to see my mom”. I finally stood up dusting myself. This had to be the perfect time to say it.

“No” he rejected you.

“What! Why?! Dad say something” you knew it would get rejected, but still.

“We could track her, put-“ Your dad was about to suggest something, but you immediately shut it down.

“-no cameras dad plus there’s no time for that”.

“we could use microphones” he advised.

You nodded, looking at L with pleading eyes.

“Alright” he—surprisingly—agreed.

You stood up and ran toward your dad and gave him a big hug, yelling thank you repeatedly. It seems you and your dad were fine now.

“But I was the one who permitted it” L blocked out Misa’s words. That was supposed to be his hug.

“Y/n!” This girl.....

“Y/n did you hear what Light said to me!” she held you with tears in her eyes. She started explaining, beginning with when L asked Light to silence Misa...
------------------------★------------------------

“Misa don’t be selfish” Light scolded her, “you were definitely the one who sent the tapes. Just be grateful that you’re allowed as much freedom as this”.

She turned to him, looking slightly hurt, “Light what are you talking about I’m your girlfriend, right? Don’t you trust your own lover?”

(You couldn’t help but wince)

“Girlfriend?” he asked, backing away a bit. (Oof) “You said you fell in love with me at first sight, and now you’re forcing yourself on me.”
------------------------★------------------------
“y/n...don’t laugh don’t laugh don’t laugh” you thought, shaking a bit. How could you have missed that?!