Chapter 15

Number 3 as promised
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

“Regardless of how she came to the conclusion, this Naomi woman knows the truth” Light thought, “If this information gets the police I’ll certainly be caught, she has to die”.

“We should immediately investigate what we’ve discussed” Light told her, “have you told anyone else?”

“No, just you” she answered.

Ryuk laughed, “You’re lucky"

Light brought out pen and paper using the opportunity to write her name, hoping with all his might the name she gave him was real, “Could you tell me the date and time of the incident?”

He wrote her name and the cause during that time

~At L’s Hotel room~

He was with the task force members, “Kira is not among us”

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. L explained he set traps for kira but he didn’t feel the need to set them of on the police. A phone call came in.
He ended the phone call after speaking, “Watari is coming”

~Back to light and Naomi~

“if you don’t mind I’ll report this incident”

“No, I’d like to do it myself” she refused, “after talking to you I’ve decided to do it as soon as possible”

“Understandable” Light agreed

“Just ten minutes till 1:15, please let it work” he thought.

The time had come but nothing had happened, he was completely shocked he didn’t want to believe it.

Ryuk started laughing again, actually just mocking him. Light knew it was an alias.

~In L’s hotel room~

“Thank you all for working so hard” Watari removed his hat, he was an old man. White hair, glasses and all. Everyone in the room didn’t expect it.

“Ryuzaki, I have brought what you ordered” Watari informed hold a silver case.

“Please pass them to everyone”
Watari opened the case, “these are your new police IDs”.

The officers were in awe.

~Light and Naomi~

“I knew it.....Ryuk can see her real name that’s why he was laughing. She was being careful from the start, thats right she doesn’t want to make the same mistake Raye did.” Light was getting worried, “This getting hard. I should have made y/n follow me”.

He took out his phone and dialled your phone, he asked Naomi to excuse him.

“(Hello?)”

“Y-y/n I need to talk to y-“

“(Lighttttt, today is for me and y/n-nee. You’re always with her come on stop being stingy)”

“Ok I understand but, we’re is sh-“

“(Sayu who’s on the phone?)”

“Y/n!”

“(It’s no-one!!!)”

"Sayu, please please please le me just speak to her. I swear after that I'll-"

And so the call ended.

Light swore under his breath.

“I should be getting back soon, someone might be back by now” Naomi told Light

“Hopefully” Light smiled covering his rage and frustration.

They started walking back. Light’s thoughts got the better of him, he even started panicking. He was really desperate his game could be over at any moment.

“Light you can always do eye deal” Ryuk let out a strange cackle.

Light didn’t budge, “I won’t have my life halved by this woman. No I won’t even consider the deal!”

Naomi turned around, “Excuse me do you still have any business at the police department? Ill be alright by myself”

“I understand” Light said.

~At L’s Hotel room~

Mr Yagami took a look at the badge, “Our names and ranks are all fake”

“Kira needs a face and name to kill, anyone could understand why they’re fake” Mr detective said.

“Well then” Watari opened another case, “I would like you to all wear these belts, they have a tracking device in the buckle. Thus way we will know about all your whereabouts, and when you press the button twice my cell phone will ring. We will use this to inform you about our hotel and the rooms, use this for emergencies as well”

Matsuda gushed at the new belt like a little kid. He was reprimanded soon after.

~Back to light and Naomi~

Naomi thanked Light for everything and went ahead.

“At this rate, with her theory the police will suspect me” Light thought.

“Hey, she’s leaving. Is that okay?” Ryuk asked very interested by Light’s predicament.

“Only five minutes before she gets to HQ, how can I get her name before then?” Light kept on walking the same way, “If anyone is there I’m screwed, I only have 3 minutes left now”

Light ran up to her, “Excuse me there’s something I haven’t told you.” Light said, “it’s not possible to contact anyone directly in the HQ.”

Naomi was confused. “What do you mean?”

“Don’t you think it’s odd that there’s no one at the building?” Light explained, “The task force is structured in such a way no one knows who’s involved. If the public knows how it’s structured, tragedies like the one involving your fiancé will be repeated. That why you were told no one was at the HQ. In other words you’ll never be able to talk directly to anyone from there.”

“Why do you know so much?” She looked at light with caution.

“I guess I have no choice” Light sighed, “I am a detective at the task force”

Ryuk was confused, and also quite surprised.

“You’re a task force member?” she asked

He nodded, “L is in charge, he’s troubled there weren’t enough detectives. Many quit out of fear, I’m still in high school but I’ve solved cases in the past. I can enter the headquarters as I please and I’m allowed to investigate on my own. The people left are the only reliable and trust worthy ones”.

“I’ll still visit incase” she said. (This fucking bitch....)

~At L’s Hotel room~ (I’m fucking tired of switching)

“Now that I think about it who’s at HQ?” L asked.

“No one” soichiro replied.

“That’s not good, at least one person should be there at all times.”

“Aizawa could you stay there for now?” Soichiro asked.

~Light and Naomi~ (send help)

Light went after her trying to change her mind.

“He might allow me to meet him, I once took orders from him beyond a computer screen” she told light (fucking hell, I’m getting tired of writing this shit.......can she just die already. And I can’t skip this part)

She continued telling him about the case she worked on with L and how she retired from the FBI just 3 months before.

Light finally found something he could use against her. He continued making meaningless conversation with her.
She admitted to not trusting anyone in the police force except for L. Light asked why she told him that she wanted to speak to L.

“When I wasn’t allowed to see someone from the task force I became angry. Then I ran into someone who claimed to be the song of the lead detective” she confessed before she changed her words, “No that’s not it, let me tell you the truth. You seemed like L, both of you are similar”.

“Shall we investigate together?” Light proposed, “Will you work as an agent in the task force? Of course not just anyone is allowed, but we need people like you” Light stretched his hand out, “You could be doing way more, you were an FBI agent and more talented than our current detectives. Even L valued you..... to join the task force, you need proper identification, a recommendation for anyone on the team and L’s permission”.

“You want me to join?” she asked falling into Light’s trap.

“It must have been fate to meet you here. I’ll recommend you!” unknown to Light Aizawa was already on his way back....

Light apologised and admitted he took it too far, that he didn’t even think that she was living in America. Naomi admitted it was true that her and Raye were planning to live there but ever since his passing she has been lost.

Light decided to push her more, “But your still young and beautiful, you shouldn’t be involved in this.”

She quickly defended herself claiming she had nothing to lose and all she wanted to do was catch kira.

“Thank goodness, may I see something that can act as an ID?” Light requested.

“Well....the name I gave you earlier wasn’t my real name” she confessed and bowed as an apology.

“I understand your carefulness, it’s really amazing! It’s more proof you’re qualified” Light lied.

She gave Light her drivers licence and so it was finished.... Light looked at his watched.

“Excuse me why do you always pay close attention to your watch?” Naomi asked.

“Oh.....it’s because.....I’m Kira

Naomi’s eyes widened but it was to late, her eyes lost all colour looking black. A black that could consume you if stared at for too long, she already looked like a corpse. And so she silently walked to her end.

♧•♧°♧•♧°♧•♧°♧•♧°♧•♧°♧•♧°♧•♧°♧•♧

FINA-FUCKING-LLY. I’m so damn tired. I’m sorry for not adding y/n in like two chapters? But there was a reason I promise.

This dumb ass chapter took me DAYS like I would just give up most of the time