Chapter 18

When you got home for the second time, you met your mom in the kitchen arranging the groceries. As you gave her a hand she ranted about her day and how much time she wasted at the shops, you figured out someone other than the both of you was definitely in your home.

You got into your room chewing on something that caught Ryuk’s attention, he was currently checking all over your room forcameras and wiretaps, and by the time you came in he had found them all.

He flew over to you clearly exhausted, “T-there are 64, including the bathrooms” He huffed, “I-is that apple f-for me”

You ignored the shingami walking over to your desk and started reading a book still eating the apple till only the core remained and threw it away.

“H-how could you do this to me” He cried, “even after I told you about my symptoms, I thought we were close y/n”

You pretended to read for a while before leaving to open the window to your balcony signalling for Ryuk to leave. He immediately got the hint and left going towards the supermarket hoping he could get apples there, yelling bloody murder on the way.

You stretched, “OK, time to take a shower”.

You were starting to rethink your plans, you knew how L could be. Whatever you did wouldn't faze him but you'll never know unless you try..

Taking a deep breath and finding confidence, you took of your sweater afterwards, loosening your tie then undoing the buttons of your shirt.....

~At L’s Hotel room~

“Turn this damn thing off!” the detective yelled looking away from the computer, Soichiro did the same respecting the detective’s wishes but L didn’t move an inch. He couldn’t look away, he refused to look away, “hmmm, it’s as if she knows we’re here and she’s trying to see how far we’ll go”

“Ryuzaki, I wouldn’t think y/n would do that, please at least look away out of courtesy” the chief requested.

L reluctantly complied looking away. He asked Watari to cover the screen showing the bathroom with paper.

~In your room~

You were now only in your underwear. In all honesty you felt disgusted and scared but the risk was necessary, you had to use what you had to your advantage.

You went in and took a shower and when you came out it was finally time for your plan, “Fuck, I left my towel” you muttered loud enoughfor the microphones to pick up. You tried to call for your mom but luckily she didn’t hear. You took in a deep breath and opened the door.

~L’s hotel room~

Yagami couldn’t even look anymore........L dropped the cake he was eating, shaking slightly but no one could tell. If you were actually kira, would you really go this far? Or were you just really forgetful? L looked up feeling a shadow “What are you doing?”

The detective was standing infront of the screen blocking both mens’ view of your body. No one could complain as what they were doing was illegal already but this would just be taking advantage of you.

~In your room~

“Y/n!!! Dinner time” your mother called for you.

“I’m coming! Just wearing my pyjamas” with that you headed downstairs. It was true....you had no reason to this but you would feel amazing if you could interfere or ruin their plans in some way. Yes, just for the fun of it.

~At L’s Hotel room~

After hearing your door close the detective moved away. Both men kept silent feeling slight guilty for what they almost did, L on the other had was agitated by the fact he had to make sacrifices. You could have done something that would prove you were kira in that short amount of time he wasn’t watching. In an attempt to forget they switched their vision to the computer showing the Yagami residence where they could see Sayu gushing over some actor on tv.