Chapter 19

"Yes I'm very sure no one is following you" Ryuk assured.

"You sure about that" you asked. Ryuk gave you a dirty look. "Don't tell me you're still mad....." You pouted.

He hopped over to Light's side. He was still having withdrawal symptoms from the lack of apples.

"Give me an apple" the shinigami begged Light.

"You're not just saying that, so you'll get an apple, right?"

"Don't accuse me like that, I've checked around a hundred-meter radius around us. I'm very sure" he begged

"But there was that one news report though~" you sang.

"Shut up y/n, it was a bluff, you both know that. If it was real, it would be in secret"

"Just making sure~" You dragged the last word, opening a lollipop and putting it in your mouth.

Light finally agreed and bought the death god an apple. Light fed the apple to Ryuk at the park where no one could see. "Be sure to eat the core as well" Light told Ryuk.

You clapped your hands together, "Yay Ryuk is back to normal, you looked gross".

"It was disturbing" Light agreed.

"I'm still mad at you" He pointed an accusing finger towards you.

"You know I couldn't have given you one....there were cameras" you explained.

"You ate an apple in front of me knowing my position" He yelled.

"Ok sorry, stop being a baby" You rolled your eyes at him.

"No" He folded his hands, "you did it on purpose"

"It was to test your....um...discipline....yes, that" you defended yourself.

"Lies! You did it for fun....." Ryuk accused.

"It's true, it was funny seeing you look like that." You truthfully admitted.

"You're a monster.....a horrible person!"

"Y/n you look crazy....you're literally talking to nothing" Light said, getting tired of the bickering.

"In the end, I'll really write your name in the death note and kill both of ya" Ryuk threatened.

Light laughed. You stuck your now coloured tongue out at him.

"Y/n would probably die of diabetes first" Light muttered.

"Fuck you" you placed your hand on your chest, "If I die you'll miss me"
________________________

~In L's hotel room~

Both L and the two detectives were talking about the two minor criminals that died the night before. L's attention was caught when you entred your house and Light entered his own less than five minutes later.

"Oh they're back home....." L informed the rest.

~In Light's room~

Light sat down at his desk.

"So you're gonna shut up and act like you're studying again, huh?" Ryuk asked. As usual Light ignored.

"I already have an idea of where all the cameras are but I was only able to kill criminals with minor crimes compared to those I've killed before". Light thought.

Light turned on the TV and Ryuk was surprised by this, "You're watching TV?"

"I've killed criminals whose names and faces were broadcast when I didn't have access to TV or the Internet but there's still a chance I'll be suspected because only minor criminals die when I don't have information. In other words, if I also kill minor criminals being broadcast when I watch TV, I won't call any attention to myself. When I leave the house, I should remember the names of criminals being shown and I'll kill them at random times with the piece of the note I left in my wallet". And with that he left.