[64] Jump Up, Don't Be Scared

Holding Junior tightly in your arms, you stand up, beaming at Bowser with pride. "Did you hear that?" You ask; your smile and tears fill the Koopa King with joy. 

"Yes, every word." Bowser replies, his expression softening as he watches you. 

At that moment, you, Bowser, Junior, and the other Koopalings embrace each other, savoring the warmth of the moment and taking in the ambiance of the tender moment.

Pulling away, you reach for the basket you brought and reveal its contents by uncovering the top layer. 

Inside, eight crocheted Koopa versions of Junior and the Koopalings await, each crafted with loving care and attention to detail. 

"I made these when I met everyone and got to work on them immediately!" You explain, handing out each one to its respective recipient. 

The Koopalings accept their pieces with wide eyes and excited grins, admiring the unique and creative twist you've brought to the Koopa family. "Thank you so much, (F/n)!" They exclaim in unison, their voices filled with gratitude.

As you turn to face Bowser, your expression shifts to a nervous grin. Approaching him with the basket, you pulled out his crocheted piece. "I've worked on this for a long time now; I never thought I'd one day give it to you, but here I am doing it." You admit, your voice filled with equal parts awe and embarrassment, but carefully place it in his hands, watching as he examines it with wonder.

His previous statement of wanting to see what more you had to offer regarding your crocheting did not disappoint. 

The piece is larger than the other eight and depicts him as his Koopa version, appearing cute and cuddly in a less-than-menacing form. 

Bowser examines it closely and sees you handled it with extreme love and care. He looks back at you and sighs. "You did this for me despite everything?" 

You smile sadly, knowing what he's referring to. "I did and even loved you when it hurt..." 

Junior and his siblings watch and then realize you two are having a moment. Junior takes it upon himself to quietly escort himself and the rest without interrupting. 

Bowser hangs his head low, his eyes fixed on the ground beneath him. "I can say the same about myself, although my actions were unjustified." He sighs, his voice heavy with emotion. "You continued to do good while hurt, while I did the opposite." The man remains silent for a moment, lost in thought. "I never want to return to the person I once was." He says, his grip on the plush toy tightening in his hands.

You reach out and place your hands softly over his, offering him a gentle touch of comfort. 

He looks up at you, wearing a faint smile on your lips. 

"It'll get better over time. The things that have happened and how you feel - you can't be born again, although you can change." You reassure him, slightly tightening your grip.

Bowser nods his head slowly, a small smile gracing his features. He leans in, and you close your eyes, feeling the soft pressure of his lips against yours. 

The crocheted piece between you two moves aside as you close in the short distance. 

As you pull away, Bowser remains close to your face and kisses your cheek. "Thank you for this, (F/n)..."

Your cheeks flush red as you return the gesture, feeling grateful for the opportunity to comfort him. "You're more than welcome, your highness." You reply, raising your hands to ruffle his hair playfully. "There's plenty more where that came from."

He chuckles a deep, warm sound that fills the air around you. "I'll keep that in mind."

With that, he embraces you, holding you close and cuddling you tenderly. 

You laugh as he sways you around lightly. "Ready to call it a day?" You ask, tracing his jawline with your finger.

"Only if you are." He replies.

You take a moment to consider it, considering the tasks ahead. "Yes, I have to be fresh for tomorrow morning! I'm helping clean up after the festival."

"Alright." Bowser agrees.

You extend your arms, silently requesting him to sweep you off your feet and carry you. "Take me back home, please."

"As you wish." He responds with a playful grin, sweeping you off the ground and carrying you to your desired destination.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

After Bowser returns to his castle from the Mushroom Festival, he distributes the souvenirs he brought back to the Koopalings. 

With a sense of satisfaction, Bowser walks down the stained glass hallway to his room. As he approaches his chambers, he searches for a specific panel with the old female monarch on it and stops in front of the panel, studying it briefly before summoning Kamek.

"I need you to replace this with a normal, transparent window."

Kamek nods. "Right away, sire. But may I ask why?"

Bowser hesitates for a moment before answering. "It's time to move on. Nothing against the former queen by any means, but it's time for a different start."

The magician nods, understanding the situation. "I'll see to it, sire."

The day ends, Bowser sits on the edge of his bed, lost in thought. "(F/n) and I..." He mutters before lying down with his hands behind his head. "It sounds even better when it's now a reality."

He takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. "I need to do something tomorrow." The man says to himself. "Something long overdue..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

Bowser ventures towards the abandoned ruins near the main castle, which holds significant value in his life. He steps into the place where he started his proper family years ago. 

Climbing up the stairs that lead to the covered painting of Clawdette, and pulls down the sheet. The man gazes at the portrait, and a bittersweet smile appears on his face. Beginning to speak with a deep and sorrowful voice that echoes in the empty building. "Clawdette, my dear, since you departed from this world, I have done many things I'm not proud of. Things that transformed me into what I loathed the most. I stole, decimated, and frightened others to the point of no return. However, amidst the pain, I discovered a different journey that I never thought was possible for us. And now..." 

Bowser glances back, thinking he heard something, and then turns back around. 

"I'm ready to start a new chapter in this crazy fairy tale." Bowser chuckles nervously. "I hate to admit it, but I'm scared and excited at the same time. But I'll be on the right path this time; I hope so, at least." 

He blows hot air onto the portrait, preparing for his next move. "As my first love and lover, I do this as a parting gift." The hot air turns into a string of fire and sets the painting ablaze. 

The flames glow against his skin, and the ashes fly up and disappear as the fire slowly dies down. 

A single tear falls down his face.

"Goodbye..."

TIL THE NEXT CHAPTER! ('')