2. Murky Water

"You two can be placed in this cell

"You two can be placed in this cell. If there should be any form of trickery or fighting we shall seperate the both of you immediately." A warrior informs us.

I walk into the cell without a struggle as Cyrilla keeps our head lower. It is not like us or it used to not be but it seems our spirit has faded over time as events play out warning us nothing can be taken for granted. Truths always come out in the end but it is the truth that makes me wonder where my part in this world even is or who I truly am.

Magnolia struggles with a warrior as she has never done well with inclosed spaces. My sister still naked as the day is long not having a care in the world for modesty. A growl comes from her throat as the cell door closes behind her once she is inside.

"You may have these articles of clothing fom your bags. It was on the top and no weapons there as for the rest of your bag it will be searched as a precaution. Is there anything we should be wary of in advance or shall we just find it on our own then question after?" The warrior lays a set of clothes for each of us on the bars rather than throwing them on the floor which is nice.

"There is nothing more than a knife in the brown bag and that is for skinning animals we hunted to help get easier cuts rather than use our claws and possibly waste meat." Magnolia responds as she dresses.

The warrior nods. "Thank you for the honesty."

"As I said before my sister and I seek refuge and shelter as we are being hunted. I wish to be honest." Magnolia gets out but I can feel as she wants to bite back more.

"Well the Alpha will be here in time to question you both. For now here is a meal." The warrior waves someone over and another guys hands a plate through a slot area in the bars but not large enough to get out.

Magnolia takes them plates and brings them over to a cot in the cell by me. She places one down and the warriors leave. I listen in as the doors keep shutting and count a total of two of them for where we are at. When I crane my head walking up to the bars there is not a warrior standing at either end of the hall that I can see, nor smell.

Lastly, I take a deep breath as Cyrilla helps me to shift back into my normal human body. The shift stings a bit as my bones snap back in place as we have been in Cyrilla's form for some time now.

A bath is needed desperately as the river water only does so much in wolf form yesterday. I feel gross as I put on the clothes the warrior left on the bar for me. Even a brush would be nice right now to work on this rats nest of hair that curtain around my body midways to my back all in a strawberry blonde color, how I have no clue with all the greasiness of it.

"You got to try this food Raine." Magnolia groans with a mouth full. "They sure know how to make good food even if we are getting who knows even leftovers."

I pick up the plate and sniff the food. The aromas are nice and there is a scent of some herb that I can't place on the meat that smells of pork. Taking a bite, I savor as it explodes with flavor on my tongue. This definitely beats all the food we have ate recently that is just gamey flavor with no seasonings. The meat is gone quickly but I slowly nibble on the vegetables and salad side as it has been to long since having them too, even trying to eat it with a spoon is annoying but I get why we don't have forks. The meat I basically picked up with the spoon and bite off my bites of food.

"Do you really think this pack will help us? The last one wasn't so friendly." I mumble after finishing the food only to look up and see my sister in a food induced coma with one hand on her forehead and the other on her stomach laying across the cot.

"I think these people are genuine in helping maybe. Nothing we have to say is fabrication but if they contact our old Alpha you know he will make it seem as such." Magnolia rolls her eyes.

"We haven't fabricatied anything though it is all true."

"But who will hear us out without a shred of evidence Raine? We left our home, neither of us not having a choice. Something drawed you here so that is why we came here instead of heading further west."

I sigh and close my eyes laying back against the wall.

Cyrilla pushed for us to come here and now I know why. That scent of rain on a summer day with hints of spice filled my nose. It was easy for us to pinpoint the scent too from the tall black wolf with silver streak in his fur. He was as tall as the Alpha was and his power that radiated off him tells me he is no doubt a high rank wolf which made mine coward down.

He will not want me. Not after he finds out things about me.

My past is haunted in a sense of nothing can be changed about it which is what will haunt me and now the future being so unknown. Answers I can't give him that I figure he may want. Not to mention trust and right now the only person I fear I can trust is Magnolia as it is her and I against everything going down.

Cyrilla whines in our mind and pines over her mate.

He never made a move for us either but neither did we. How can any of this work out? Maybe we shouldn't have came here because I fear it will lead to more heartache that I don't know if I can handle. There has been enough of it to last a lifetime with all the lies that have surrounded me the entire eighteen years of my life.

What a way to spend my birthday. Finding my mate, to now wonder if the future could ever be so crystal clear when I have done nothing but stood in the murky water.