40. Nap

"I don't wanna go to sleep

"I don't wanna go to sleep." The little girl sleepily tells me through her yawn and eyes drooping.

I smile and rub her back while pulling up her blanket. "You take just a small nap and then we can play once more."

"O-Tay." She sighs as she gives up the fight relatively easy, making me snicker under my breath.

She has been attached to me since I walked in this morning. Finally back to work at the daycare center, since today is a day to gather all the information they can I just asked Seth to link me if they need something. Sitting around listening to it all can make me anxious and it is something I don't handle well all the extra questions. So I trust them to know what to do and Seth to explain to me the best way I would understand with anything they find out.

Apparently they found out if Magnolia, Ethan, Rafel, and I ate some simple foods it could bring our memories back. It is something heavy on my mind. Part of me is not wanting to know since life has been so freeing and perfect since being here. The largest part of me knows it will be something we need to do in order to maybe help everything because I don't see why our memories were swiped for the ritual. Something sets wrong with it because they could have took us and held us prisioners the hardest of ways instead of what they done.

Lance and Valin had stated for us to wait before trying to eat the food Ethan knew of from hearing talks while at the Bruin. They want to make sure it wasn't false information and something that could hurt the four of us. So they are using today to get all the information they may be able to get ahold of from there we will all be given the choice to do it or not. Which we have all said we would do it once they feel it is not a trap of sorts from the information Ethan and Rafel had heard while there.

I shake my head of all the thoughts and Chelsey smiles while she stands from getting the smallest pup in the center asleep in his baby bed.

"That was easy today." She smiles.

I snicker under my breath. "You just jinx us for tomorrow."

She nods. "Probably so." Then shrugs. "Come lets get our lunch now."

We always fed the pups lunch and we tended to them before nap time. Then during their nap was our time to eat. Today I planned on staying here since I hadn't been linked and brought some leftovers with me instead of going to see Magnolia while she is busy cooking and Seth busy with his Beta work.

"So how is the cooking coming along?" Chelsey asks.

"It is good just have to pay attention to the ingredients." I laugh lightly with her.

She was one to have tried the brownie that was now almost two nights ago. Yesterday we had went over all the information Magnolia and I knew along with Ethan's and Rafel. So far the paper looked like a jumbled mess which still didn't seem reassuring. I trust them though in helping us because I hate looking over my shoulder still at times just get the feeling of could be being watched. Which is why today is the time for seeing what they could pull together from what we know already.

I feel as if my mind is on repeat circles as I ramble to myself. This seemingly never-ending cycle of what is the come because seems like one shock after the other lately. When I all want to do is live my life with my mate and wish we could forget these other creatures but can't for now.

"How are you doing?" Chelsey asks once we sit with our food heated.

"Hmm?" I look at her while blowing over my bite being heated to much.

"Being here in the pack? I hadn't asked in a while and so much keeps being thrown in."

I nod slowly. "Overall, I think I am doing great. Some thoughts circle on repeat seems like but guess that is life."

"It is when there is much happening." She gives a knowing smile. "Congratulations on being fully mated though."

Once more my cheeks burn but it also feels me with pride to holds Seth's mark.

"You know the time you had missed being here working little Aysun kept looking for you. She became attached ratherly quickly to you when she hasn't to many others."

"I am attached to her too." I sigh and look through the door to see her still sleeping soundly.

It is not a lie even though my thoughts circle on what is happening I can't help but think of this little girl.

"You know you are allowed to take her outside of the center if you wish?"

I look to Chelsey. "I didn't know that."

"You are a pack member and well trusted here. She is an orphan pup, who has grown an attachment to you and looks up to you. There is many times that the pups without parents form attachments to others and before adopted of sorts they were took with the ones they had attachments too, almost like seeing how they do with the other outside of here. So if that is something you would like you may always just let me know since you know they stay with me otherwise."

I hum and nod. "I rather like that idea and definitely want to try seeing how she may do with me outside of here. First though I would want to talk to her and see if it is something she wants to do."

"Plus I understand if you need to speak with your mate first."

I smile. "I don't think he will have an issue with me taking Aysun out and around with me but I will let him know. Thank you Chelsey."

"Of course, I have seen how you both have bonded and just wanted to let you know it is an option." She smiles.