24. Officially

A routine has been started between Raine and I

A routine has been started between Raine and I. Of the night we sleep next to each other for a solid week now, during the day she is in the daycare center where I am doing the normal I have for months now.

There was no word on the Alpha that was to check out an area but it has been silent since. Rogues are still testing the border just as they have been which is grating on all of our nerves. Most of the pack is none caring about such since they trust the ones of us patroling and protecting the pack to keep them safe but they stay on alert for if they need to help defend anyone while sheltering in place should need be.

"Alright you are free to go for the day." I bellow out as the last set of combos have been practiced as Uncle Levo and I worked with the stronger group.

Uncle Levo runs over to me. "Your mind is not in it today Seth."

"I know." I sigh.

"You got to keep in mind that the best thing is to make sure everyone is as prepared as can be and to do that we must all train as we have." He speaks while patting my back.

"You're right."

"Aren't I normally?" He smirks.

"Don't get to big of a head there old man." I chuckle as his face falls before he smirks.

He goes to turn around to leave but I know better than to think such with that look.

Right as the thought passes through my mind, Uncle Levo spins throwing a punch and right foot kick combo. I block and just as he comes out of the combo he throws a left hook, barely deflecting it I take the hit to my shoulder with a grunt as I drive my foot into his shin.

With a curse, he comes back and drives many offensive hits that I defend and deflect until I push him back a couple steps. It gives me time to go on offense with a three stage combo. Punch, kick, then drive with my shoulder all which he deflects.

"Are you two going to come eat dinner or keep trying to kick each others butts?" Ma calls out from the side of us and catches are attention just as Uncle Levo's fist comes up to my cheek that I was fixing to take as a hit since I hadn't seen it blocking the other moves he was making.

"Food or train." Uncle Levo takes a deep breath to stablize his breathing. "Like I miss out on food."

I take a deep breath and Raine's scent fills my nose. My eyes find her a moment later and a smirk shows on her face.

"You got lucky your mom called out when she did." Raine smirks.

"He still gets in sneaky punches." I shake my head with a laugh.

"Old man my behind then right? I still got it with the sneak punches, which shows you to always be on guard no matter what." Uncle Levo gloats.

"Also proves to show you have to work harder to get the sneak attacks in also and has been that way for years now with one on one spar with Seth just like Lance and I." Valin smirks.

Everyone close to me seems to be making their way to the house. I run up the stairs and shower down quickly dressing and making it back down the stairs. I still got most of my clothes here but Raine and I have been sleeping at the pack house in her room so there is some there.

Raine is helping Ma and Callie take dishes to the table and I join in. Once it is done, everyone joins around the table.

"You made a feast." Valin looks over the food.

"That is what happens when we get time together." Aunt Sherry laughs with Great Auntie and Ma.

We all fill out plates and Raine looks over to me. "What is that?" She points.

"Stuffing." I answer and then Ma tells her what is in it and she takes a small bite a bit hesitant.

She makes a face and I can't help but laugh. "I'm sorry." She whispers once taking a drink of water.

"No reason to be not everyone will like the same things." Ma smiles softly at her and I put a hand on her thigh.

"Have you tried one of these brownies your sister makes up now? She found it in a cookbook and hers turned out so much better than everyone elses ever has." Aunt Sherry smiles and Raine nods.

The talking continues and I focus on the business talk going on the other side of me from Raine. Lance tells me that he plans to send out the trackers as I had brought up as Uncle Levo and Valin think it is the best thing to have done. The other Alpha called today but it was a no news front as nothing turned up.

"When will they be sent out?"

"Two days time. I need to figure out who to send for this and brief them on a more solid plan than what you brought up." Lance replies. "So we can discuss that more tomorrow when you come in for paperwork."

I nod and finish my plate.

"So there is a reason why we are gathered here together as well." Lance speaks up. "It is to celebrate the two of you having accepted each other officially."

Raine leans into me and I look at her cheeks as they pinken. That is something that just happened randomly within the last couple days we officially put out we are mates and accepted each other. We didn't make a huge deal out of it but it is something all newly mates can do with the billboard in the packhouse. To help the members that just show up once a week to know with them either in town or outskirts of the territory not hearing all the smaller details as such and not being mated helps others to know for the ones that tend to play it up around the pack with sexual activities to keep the peace not to venture or flirt the wrong way.

"Since we are gathered here as well, I would like to see what houses may be available for us to move into too." I look to everyone. It is something I mentioned to Raine and she liked the idea of as well.

"I can get the list for you right after dinner. The two of you can check them out and let us know when your ready. We have been waiting for that to come up as well." Lance nods with a smile.

Raine and I hold hands as Aunt Sherry and Great Auntie Vi bring out more desserts along with the brownies that Magnolia had made.