Iam not a kid -1

"He said Iam a KID."

Jin yelled at Jimin, who just came to see Jin the next morning.

"What?" Jimin asked in disbelief.

"If I were there, I would have smacked his head." Jimin expressed his frustration.

"After all these years of waiting, I am left heartbroken at last."

Jin said and curled into his bed. Jimin, who saw Jin's situation, came and joined him in the bed.

"Don't worry, Jinnie. It's not the end of everything. You can have many boys and girls in the college."

"But they are all not my Kookie Hyung." Jin said almost in a broken voice.

No, I can't let this continue. Jimin though.

"Ok, then why don't you just follow what he said?"

"What do you mean?"

"He told you to focus on your career first. Why don't you just do that? Maybe he will fall for you for that."

"You think so?"
Jimin nodded.

"Chim, what am I going to do without you?" Jin hugged his best friend dramatically.

"AEGI....."

The soulmates suddenly got startled by Namjoon's loud call from downstairs.

"Why is he screaming?" Jin asked in shock.

"Did he put the kitchen on fire again?" Jimin asked in terror.

Jin gasped and ran as fast as he could down the stairs, followed by Jimin.

"What? What happened, Hyung?"Jin asked when he saw Namjoon in the living room.

"Where is the fire?" Jimin asked, coming from behind Jin.

Namjoon just smiled at the two panting figures in front of him.

"Don't you want to see your birthday present?"
He asked, wiggling his eye brows, and showed the key in his hand to them.

Jin and Jimin's eyes went wide. Jin quickly grabbed the key and ran outside. He was almost at the front yard, but he got stuck with Jimin between the door.

"Why are you in a rush? It's my birthday present."

"I want to see which model it is. Because I am the one who is riding it when you are not."

Jimin said and pushed Jin a little to overtake him.

Once they both stopped in the front yard, they were shocked to see the present in front of them. Their smile dropped, and all the excitement they had built up got vanished into the air.

"How is it?" Isn't it classy?" Namjoon asked, coming behind them.

Jin didn't say anything. He was still looking at the present with boring eyes.

"But why a bicycle?" Jimin asked.

"Isn't it the safest?" Namjoon asked.

"But we expected a motorbike." Jimin expressed his worry.

"No, no. A motorbike is really dangerous. A bicycle is the best way to travel. We don't have to take a license, we don't have to wait for the signal, and we can even push them if it gets punctured. There are a lot of benefits. You are still a kid to ride a bike, Aegi."

"I AM NOT A KID!"

Jin shouted and threw the key to Jimin, who just caught it on time and marched inside his house angrily.

"What's wrong with him? This is the latest model?
Didn't he like the color?"

Jimin sighed and gave back the key to Namjoon.

"We literally ran for nothing."

Jimin said and left a still confused Namjoon.

*

Days passed, and Jin didn't see Jungkook as usual. This worried him. Jin thought he made an awful situation for Jungkook that day, and that's why he is not coming to his house.

Jin and Namjoon were living in a small rented house with two bedrooms, and Jungkook was living in an apartment with one of his friends. Jin thought it would not give off a home vibe if they stayed in an apartment. So as per Jin's wish, Namjoon found a home that suits the taste of Jin, who can feel it as their home.

Jin has currently completed his school studies and is now waiting to apply to a college for his next higher education. And he doesn't even know for which subject he should apply. Because he doesn't have a particular point for studying.

2 weeks late

Jin slowly opened Namjoon's door and tiptoed to reach the drawer. He slowly opened it, took the cycle key, and left the room silently, making sure he didn't wake his hyung. When he closed the door fully from outside, Namjoon smiled with closed eyes and drifted again to sleep.

"Yahh, why are you stuffing your things in my bag? Where is yours?"

Jin asked Jimin, who just hoped into the back seat after putting his things inside Jin's bag.

"Your bag is yours, and my bag is yours also. Let's go before they close." Jin rolled his eyes annoyingly before starting to pedal.

"We are so lucky that our school is near where we live, or else I will be drained in sweat by the time we reach." Jin said once he stopped in front of the gate.

They didn't waste time; they ran inside, taking their necessary papers to submit for the college application.
Jimin slowly peeked at Jin's application form and smiled when he saw that his best friend was applying to the same college as him.

"I know you can't live without me."

Jimin said with a proud smile and showed the college name he wrote in his form.

"That's not the reason; with the mark we scored, only the college, which is maintained by our school management, will give us a seat with mercy." Jin instantly destroyed Jimin.

*

"Namjoon Hyung will be so happy when he sees you riding the bicycle." Jimin said to Jin, who was walking with him while pushing the bicycle.

"He has seen it," Jin said casually.

"Didn't he have work today?"

"No. He was pretending to be sleeping when I took the key from his room. But what he didn't know was that I saw him peeping at his window when I took the bicycle to ride this morning."

Jin bent to tie his shoelaces when he noticed they were untied. And Jimin waited with him and looked casually at the road, only to widen his eyes to see Jungkook riding his bike with a girl in his back seat. He quietly looked at Jin, who was still focused on tiring the lace. Jungkook was nearing them. Jimin suddenly put both hands on the side of Jin to block his view.

"What are you doing?" Jin asked, still adjusting the lace.

"The sun is really bright today. I am covering up for you." Jimin quickly said: Jin smiled, But

"Isn't it Jungkook oppa and Lisa unnie?"

One of the girls who just passed them said after a gasp, which caused Jin to instantly remove Jimin's hand from the side, and he saw the scene.

"Did they become a couple? They were really famous when they were in college."

"They are just friends."

Jimin just screamed his lungs out at those girls, who were just shocked to hear it, and walked away from there quickly. Jimin really wanted to slap them for exposing the scene to Jin.

"Jinnie, they are just..."

Jimin stopped when he couldn't find Jin, who was there a minute ago with him.

"Yaaaaahhhh, wait, I'm also coming to wherever the hell you are going?"

Jimin shouted and ran behind Jin, who was now pedalling fast to follow the couple.