The triangle

“Yaah, Yaah, why are you so adamant today?”

Jimin asked, sulking at his best friend. The Jinmin buddies were walking back home from college as they didn’t have classes after noon. Jin was still silent after hearing Jimin’s complaint.

“I really wanted to go to that carnival. Do you know how hard it is to get a ticket? I bought it for us after making fights with the others in the line.”

“I said go with others; I am not coming.” Jin said, showing his disinterest.

"No, I don’t want anyone else. I want to go with you. Don’t spoil the day by thinking about yesterday's incident. Everything will be alright.” Jimin said this time, pulling Jin's hand to stop him from walking.

“I don’t know why I am like this; I felt totally broken when Kookie Hyung left me yesterday. I think I should lower my expectations from now on. Nothing is going right.” Jin said, pouring in all his worries.

"Maybe you can boost your mood by going to the carnival. Just think in that way."

“I-“

Jin's words are cut off by his phone ring suddenly.He picked it up after seeing his Hyung calling.

“Hello
Where?...I am also coming; wait for me.” Jin then hang up the call and quickly hopped on his bicycle.

“Since I am not in the mood to join the carnival, how about you accompany me to the beach where my hyung and friends are playing volleyball?" Jin asked Jimin with a now-blooming smile.

*

Team Namkook and Team Taejinmin are ready to play the game. Jin is holding the ball, and he is ready to start. Everyone's eyes are focused on the ball. Jin gave the opposite team a sharp look before throwing the ball into the air to serve it to the other team, But

"Pff, ha ha ha ha."

Jimin and Namjoon began to laugh at seeing the ball fall on the S and near Jin instead of flying over the net. Taehyung and Jungkook hold back their laughter and do not make it obvious. Then the game starts with Jungkook throwing the ball. As the game continued, the Jinmin buddies began to mess around, causing the opposite team to lead the points.

Jimin stumbled back when he walked back, focusing to hit the ball, and Jin tried to suddenly hold him from behind, but he also lost his balance, causing him to also fall. But his body didn’t touch the sand.

"Oowwh," Teahyung called in pain when Jin fell above him with Jimin. It looks like a sandwich for the other team. Namjoon can't control their laughter after seeing the scene. He began to laugh hard.

“Yahh, Taehyung-ah, kwenchahna?” NJ asked between his laughs.

Jungkook also joined the laugh because the scene was extremely funny. But his laugh continued only until he saw how Taehyung tightly held Jin's waist and assisted him in standing up.

“Are you okay?We are really sorry.” Jin said worriedly when they stood on their feet.

“Its fine.” Taehyung said, removing the sand from his dress.

“This is all your fault; why did you stumble?” Jin turned to Jimin and asked him in a mad tone.

*

“One more, one more.”

Jimin said as he and Jin showed another pose to Teahyung, who was now taking pictures of them on the beach. The Jinmin buddies decided to take some selfies after their fight, and Tae came and volunteered to take their pictures.

Jungkook and Namjoon walked from washing their hands, and Jungkook didn’t like how Taehyung was smiling and zooming in on the pictures.

"Taehyungah, it's already time for the carnival. Let's move on. You two wash your hands and go back to the house.” Namjoon said this when he approached them.

“carnival? You are going to the carnival?” Jimin asked excitedly.

"Yes,” Jungkook said.

"Hyung, I am also coming.” Jimin siad.

“But we don’t have tickets for you two.” Namjoon said.

“Don’t worry, we got our tickets.” Jin said coming forward , earning a glance from Jimin.

*

“Here.”

Teahyung handed the strawberry-flavored ice cream to Jin.

“Thank you,” Jin said with a smile. Jimin came over madly.

“Where is mine?"

“Jungkook is buying. Wait.” Taehyung said that and started to enjoy the ice cream with Jin.

Jungkook stopped walking when he saw Jin eating the ice cream Taehyung bought. He looked at the one he bought for Jin.

“Hyung, my ice cream.” Jimin said he was running to Jungkook.

“I don’t like strawberries; I will take this vanilla.”

Jimin took the one Jungkook bought for himself.

As they began to take a look around the carnival fest, the Taejinkook buddies engaged in games of their interest, which were too boring for Jinmin buddies. So they decided to explore separately.

As they walk around, Jin stops in front of a small shop, which gets his attention.

“Did you really believe in these things?” Jimin asked when he saw Jin approaching the fortune cookies. Jin ignored Jimin's comment and decided to have one.

He took a cookie and broke it, giving a half to Jimin, who instantly put it in his mouth. Jin slowly unfolds the paper inside the cookie. Jimin peaked in with curiosity.

What is meant for you will reach you, even if it is beneath two mountains.And what is not meant for you will not reach you, even if it is between your two lips.”

Jin's eyes then slowly shifted from the paper to where the Teajoonkook buddies were. Jungkook was busy talking with his hyung, and Taehyung was on his phone, but he looked at Jin when he felt someone's gaze. He gave Jin a soft smile, which Jin returned.

*

"Yeah, yeah, Kim Seokjin, Kim Seokjin."

Jimin cheared Jin, who had full focus on the game he was playing. Jin was playing his favorite game, Mario Kart. And this is the second level. It's almost getting dari outside, and the sun is slowly setting on the ocean.

“Whoooo…..”

Jimin screamed his lungs out when Jin won the second level, too. Everyone who was there watching his game clapped for him.

“Do you want to continue to play the last level, which will give you the bumber prize, or instead stop here with the second prize? The shop host asked.

“I will go for the next one.” Jin said confidently. When it comes to his favorite game, he believes no one can beat him.

“Yah, I have to go to the restroom. You continue, and don’t dare open the bumber gift without me."

Jimin warned, and Jin nodded for him. Like him, Jimin was also confident about winning the game.
As the last game also started, a lot more people gathered around him to watch his game. Jin was fully immersed in the game. He didn’t realize how crowded it was around him.

“YES……” He screamed when he won the last game, too.

He was about to look for Jimin when a really big popper popped above him. He closed his ears upon hearing that and got very startled. Everyone began to cheer and applaud for him. That sound and those cheers brought Jin back to that day, and the memories of that day began to flood in his head. He felt like suffocation seeing the crowd, and his breathing level increased. He looked around to get away from the crowd, but the crowd was moving towards him. Suddenly, the lights changed into disco mode, and everyone began to shout and celebrate the win. The sounds and lights began to trigger him. He quickly sat, still covering his ears, and screamed, causing everyone to stop their activities.

“HYUNG…..HYUNG…….”

Everyone looked at Jin in confusion, and they began to gossip. And not very soon, Namjoon and Jungkook came running there. Namjoon quickly hugged Jin, who was now continuously screaming and crying in his hold, shivering and frightened about something. Jungkook stood there speechless, and then he told the crowd to move on and the lights to turn off.

“Kwenchanha, Kwenchanha, Hyung is here.” Namjoon patted Jin and held him tightly, who was still crying in the hold.

*

Jungkook slowly opened the door in Jin's room. Namjoon was still sitting beside Jin on the bed, watching Jin sleep. He slowly looked from the sleeping figure to Jungkook when he felt someone’s presence.

“You should also sleep. How long are you going to be  awake?"Jungkook asked when Namjoon came out of the room.

“I can't sleep today, Kook; I can't even if I try.” Namjoon's eyes began to well up.

“He will scream and cry again, and I should be there for him. I should be there for him when he calls for me because I cant be with him when he calls for me that day."

A thick tear flowed from Namjoon's eyes when his memories traveled to that day.