Nothing like us

Jin checked his look one last time in the mirror before leaving the room. Jimin, who was in the kitchen, quickly ran to his best friend when he heard the door opening sound.

“Are you going for an interview?” Jimin asked after gazing at Jin from head to toe.

“No, what's wrong?" Jin asked confusedly.

Instead of answering Jin, Jimin came closer and began to unbutton the first two buttons of Jin’s shirt.

“What are you doing?” Jin asked, expressing his disagreement.

“Leave it free. I am sure Jungkook Hyung will love it.”

Jin’s cheeks instanly creeped, blushing at the mention of Jungkook. He wonders what Jungkook has been wearing for their first date. Jin chose a plain and simple button-up white shirt that goes along with a black pant.

Jin felt a little uncomfortable exposing a little skin above his chest, and every time he tries to button up, Jimin swipes away his hands. As they were choosing a shoe for Jin that went with the outfit, they heard the doorbell.

“I will go for this.” Jin said and take white sneakers and wear them quickly before leaving to open the door.

“Yaaah, I haven’t approved it.” Jimin screamed from the living room.

Before opening the door, Jin took a long breath, exhaled it, relaxed himself, and gently twisted the knob.
Jungkook gave Jin's favorite bunny  smile when Jin opened the door.

“You look great!" Jungkook said as he roamed his eyes over Jin's full body.

“Thank you, and you look so handsome today."

Jungkook chuckled, then he sweetly smiled at Jin, looking into his eyes.

“Shall we?"

“Yes”

Jungkook reached for Jin's hands and held those soft hands gently before pulling him with him to enjoy their cozy night date.

*

Jungkook smiled when Jin's eyes wandered around the room where they were just seated. It’s a VIP one in a high-end restaurant that has beautiful night views through the glass windows.

“You don’t have to pay this much for a simple night.” Jin said, shifting his eyes to Jungkook.

“Who told you this was a simple night?” Jungkook asked.

“Its-"

“Every moment I spent with you wanted to be special for me. Nothing will stop me from cherishing the moments we are going to spend together from now on, and I am going to make sure that you feel special besides me."

Jin felt goosebumps all over his body. Is it really happening, or is he dreaming? These are the moments he thought would happen only in his wildest dreams. But no, he was experiencing it. And it’s the one whom he dreamed of who's making it happen.

Without knowing how to express the things he is feeling inside, Jin bites his lower lip and tries hard not to bush crazily.

“Am I making you uncomfortable?” Jungkook asked when Jin felt silent for a moment.

"No,” Jin said, expressing his disagreement quickly.

"Then, are you enjoying it?"

“Yes, no, what?" Jin caught off guard blushing like a tomato, which caused Jungkook to laugh at his adorable reaction.

“You are cute.” Jungkook commented.

“Not cute like before. I have grown up, kookie hyung.”

Jin said, as he felt a little bit offended every time someone called him cute, which made him feel like he was still a baby for them.

“That’s why you started to reveal your skin?"

Jungkook’s eyes followed Jin's unbuttoned area. Jin suddenly felt a really cool breeze all over his body, and he froze their gulping. But instead of hiding the area, he decided to respond.

"Doesn't that come with the mature side?"

He asked boldly, even though he was nervous as hell inside.

A small chuckle left Jungkook’s lips, amazed by Jin’s unexpected question. He leaned a little closer, then arched an eyebrow.

“Do you know what else also came with the mature side?"

Jungkook smirked when Jin quickly avoided eye contact with him. Jin's whole body began to betray him, growing red, and Jin found it difficult to continue the topic.

"I am going to look for what I should order; what are you going to order, Kookie Hyung?"

Jin tries to ignore the question by taking the menu card from the table and shifting his concentration fully into it.

And that made Jungkook laugh harder, which made Jin happy that he made him laugh, and he also joined it.

Jin was stunned when Jungkook ordered a table full of Jin's favorite foods, but he didn’t complain. Jin felt happy that his kookie Hyung is making efforts for him, that he is trying to be a better partner, and that he is making him feel special.
Jungkook loved the sounds that Jin makes when he eats. Jin got puzzled when Jungkook wasn't eating and was smiling at him.

“What?” He asked hesitantly.

Jungkook simply shook his head and smiled again.

“Its just that I love it when my baby makes sounds while he eats."

“He didn’t. Did he?”

Jin quickly shifted his gaze from Jungkook to the food.

“Did he call me baby?”

*

Jin silently followed Jungkook after their delightful dinner. They were taking the lift to go to the top floor. Jin was confused about why they were going there. But he trusted Jungkook, and he slowly looked at their interrogated hands. It still feels like a dream for him.

Jin unknowingly removed his hands from Jungkook when they arrived at their destination. He was outstruck by the view in front of him. He can see the whole city from there. The night lights aligned with the twinkling stars, creating the most beautiful scenario for them. Jin moved forward and stood there watching it, speechless.

“Do you like it?”

Jungkook asked, and that’s when Jin turned to look at Jungkook, who has now taken a seat on the small bench there.

"Yes,” Jin said, smiling widely.
Jungkook tapped the seat beside him, and Jin joined him.

"I am glad that I am making you smile again."

Jungkook said, looking at Jin. Jin fell silent again, and Jungkook sensed the atmosphere.

“Do you want to ask me anything?"

Jin slowly nodded.

Jungkook straightened his position, giving all his attention to Jin, indicating he was ready to answer the questions.

“You said you loved me back, but why haven’t you talked about it still now?"

"Telling my side of the story doesn’t matter anymore. Everything happened; it hurt, it healed, and most importantly, I learned to whom my heart belongs." He paused before continuing.

“At those days back, I wanted to feel nothing when I saw you. But you came and looked at me, and I felt everything at once. I was a fool to run away from my own feelings, thinking I could change my heart. But every time it finds anything wrong, it runs to you, even if it tries to forget you.”

The cool night breeze touched their wavy hairs like it was granting them their wish to be loved by each other again. Jin's eyes sparkled with every word he heard from Jungkook. And he can't help but feel overwhelmed by emotions.

“I think I know what I want now clearly, what I feel.” Jungkook looked directly at the orbs of Jin.

“I want to lock my fingers with you, to bury my head in the crook of your head, to run my hands through your hair, to pull you by your waist, to lay my hand on your jaw and look into your eyes and say that I love you."

The moment was so much for Jin to take in that his eyes began to well up. Jungkook softly held Jin’s hands without breaking eye contact.

“I love you."

Those words gave Jin's body a miraculous sensation. He felt like his life had become full after hearing this. He wanted to scream and shout louder that finally he made the love of his life to say those words, but all he did was sit there numb, unable to do anything at that moment, looking at those eyes, which were telling him that he finally became his.

“I lov-“

Jungkook placed his fingures on Jin’s lips, making him stop.

“I didn’t say ‘I love you' to get it back from you. I said it to make sure you knew."

Jungkook smiled, but Jin cried. He pulled Jin into a warm hug and patted his head.

"Let's fall in love again and again until there is nothing there that can stop us."