The pain of betrayal

“Baby pink?" Jin asked Jungkook with a frown after opening the lid of the paint bucket.

“Yes, what's wrong with it?” Jungkook asked as he put down the paint bucket he carried.

“I am fine with having our room painted in my favorite color. This is not needed. Besides, this light blue is looking amazing on the walls. We don’t need to change it.”

“But it was you who requested Namjoon to paint your house all baby pink.”

“Then he rejected the idea.” Jin continued where Jungkook stopped.

"That's because that’s not your own house. And this is ours."

“But Hyung said no one paints their house all pink, only babies.” Jin said with a pout.

“You are my baby.” Jungkook said and ruffled Jin’s hair, making Jin smile adorably in return.

After picking up the paint bucket and brush in his hand, he turned to Jungkook and asked.
“Ok, where do we begin?”

Jungkook came a little closer and quickly dipped the tip of his pinky fingure and touched Jin’s nose with it.

“From here."

“Andwea….” Jin whined loudly when he realized what just Jungkook did.

It was an exciting pastime for them, but they were able to do the most of the wall painted, because it was their own house, and the sensation itself provided them with unrivaled energy.

Jinkook, being the cutest and naughtiest couple, has their own fun activities in between.

*

"I am tired but happy,” Jin said as he sat and leaned on the sofa exhaustedly.

“Me too. I need something to boost my energy.” Jungkook said, taking a seat near Jin.

“Oh, let me give you something to drink."

Jin quickly made his way to the kitchen. He opened the fridge, took some drinks in his hands, and closed the fridge door by lightly kicking it with his legs.

The drinks on his hands almost slipped when Jungkook unexpectedly hugged him from behind.

“I love how innocent you are.” Jungkook said.

“What are you sa-?"

Jungkook didn't let Jin finish. He picked him up and sat him on the counter. Jin blinks his eyes in confusion. Jungkook then took the drinks that were in Jin's hand and paced them aside. He came closer and stood in between Jin’s legs.
He pulled Jin by his waist, making him wrap his legs around his waist, and another hand held the back of Jin’s head.

“I mean you. You are the one who can boost me."

Jungkook captured Jin’s lips immediately and began to explore every part of them. It was a slow kiss which turned into a messy one in later. Jin parted his lips for Jungkook's tongue to enter. Jungkook pulled Jin closer to him by his waist, making the kiss deeper. His hands traveled below Jin’s waist, and Jin instantly moaned when those hands squeezed his cheeks. The moan only makes their kiss more messy. Jungkook's lips traveled to Jin's jaw line after sucking those plump lips wholesomely. Jin tilted his head for more access to Jungkook when those lips traveled down. Jin tightly held on to Jungkook's shoulder, unable to resist the hot feeling inside him.

Jungkook groaned loudly in Jin’s neck when his phone began to ring. Jin straightened his position after Jungkook pulled away from him to take the phone. As soon as Jungkook noticed the number on his phone, he threw it away in anger, and it broke down in pieces, causing Jin to flinch a little suddenly. Jin looked at the now broken phone and then at Jungkook, who was lowering his head and holding tightly the counter on both sides of Jin.

Jungkook was going through a lot because of his family. He was really disappointed that he couldn't make them understand him, or that they hadn't tried to comprehend him up until now. He wanted to live a happy life with everyone. But his family's disagreement caused him to distance himself from them. Actually, he does not want to upset anyone. He wants everyone to be with him. But things haven't been going well from the start, no matter how hard he cries to make things better, and now he's had enough.

“Kookie hyung"

Jungkook slowly lifted his head after hearing Jin’s soft call. What Jin didn’t expect to see was tears that are ready to fell from his kookie Hyung's eyes. And only then did he realize that all these days, Jungkook has been only pretending to be strong.

Jungkook hugged Jin silently and stayed there like that for some minutes. He knows he has to be strong for them and their future  life together  and he is ready to do anything for it. After a few minutes he calmed down in Jin’s hold, but Jin's next statement made him forget to breathe for a second.

"Let's get married."

*

“Jeon Jungkook, will you accept Kim Seokjin as your husband?" The priest asked.

Jungkook didn’t take his eyes off Jin from the moment he saw him in that simple wedding dress. He still can't believe it after a few minutes that they are going to be married. He smiled before turning to the priest.

“Yes, I do.”

The priest then turned to the groom.

“Kim Seokjin, will you accept Jeon Jungkook as your husband?"

Jin's eyes are welling up now. Even though he promised himself that he would not cry at their marriage, his eyes began to betray him. He can't believe that this was the moment. He feels sad that his hyung is not here, but he is sure that his hyung will understand their situation. After taking a deep breath and controlling his tears, he looked at his soon-to-be husband and then turned to the priest and said,.

“I do.”

Jimin brings them their rings, and he throws flowers over them when they put rings on their partner's figures.

“You may now kiss.” The priest granted.

Jungkook came closer and held Jin’s hands tightly. He can feel Jin's hands still shivering.

“For all those years we are going to live as one, I promise you that I will always be there as yours."

With that, he pulled Jin, and they kissed happily, with the dream of building a new life together.

*

“He broke the promise."

Jin cried recklessly, clutching the ring against his chest. Jimin, who was violently grasping Yoongi's collar and breathing fire through his nostrils, immediately released his grip and dashed to Jin when he heard his best friend's heartbreaking cry.

"He broke our promise, Jimin,"

Jin said while holding Jimin's shoulder, who also sat there with him with teary eyes. Namjoon was still standing there, unable to process what he had just heard and witnessed. It was breaking his heart to see his brother in this condition.

"Jin"

Jimin can't find the words to console Jin, stop him from crying, or change his fate. He only uttered his best friend's name and didn't knowwhat else to do.

But still, Yoongi’s expression doesn’t change a bit. He stood there, witnessing everything with a cold heart. Namjoon slowly walked to Jin and kneeled down to Jin’s height.

“Lets go.”

He said, and with the help of Jimin, he pulled Jin up and held him tightly because Jin was not standing well. Jin thought he had lost all his strength by crying; he couldn't even move an inch by himself. Namjoon tried to take the ring Jin was holding, and in a way, he snatched it from Jin’s hand. Jin was unable to do anything at that moment. Namjoon threw the ring to Yoongi, and it hit Yoongi's chest before falling to the floor.

“Tell him that I wish him a happy life."

Namjoon glared at Yoongi one last time before moving away from there with Jin and Jimin.

*

Jin's eyes remained open while Namjoon gently caressed his head to help him fall asleep, filled with the sorrow of betrayal. He was staring blankly at the ceiling, unable to cry any longer, but the ache inside him was getting worse. Life isn't giving him what he wants; it sucks at love. It repeatedly proves to him that he is a failure at love. And he can't handle the reality that, after loving honestly, all he gets in return is betrayal again and again.

“Let it go.” Namjoon started to speak softly.

“I know the ache that this brings to you. The pain you are feeling in your heart, caused by the thought of not having him in your life again. I know that your chest feels heavy and that the fear you feel inside is unbearable. But the thing is, he doesn’t deserve to be a part of your life anymore. He has made the decision to leave you and everything you have built behind. Let him go. Let it go. Because you don’t deserve this pain.”

Jin lay still, hearing everything, embracing the silence tightly, wishing that the heaviness in his heart would go away one day.