Friends

** Sean's perspective **

I smoothed out the giant sheet with my hand. With the help of Y/N, we managed to hang the sheet onto the wall. I stood with them and admired our work. It was the perfect gaming screen.

 It was the perfect gaming screen

" That's-" They said.

" Epic." I finished, looking at Y/N and grinning.

" So, uh, where's Signe?" Y/N asked.

" She's at a friends house...for a week or something...." I lied, wiping my hands on my jeans.

" Oh, cool. I didn't want her thinking anything was between us..." Y/N joked, nudging me.

I glanced at them. " Let's be friends."

Y/N looked taken aback by my gesture. 

" I don't want this to be awkward; like an idol-fan type thing. I don't want to persuade your own thoughts and everything... So if you wanna be friends, awesome! If you don't, that's fine too. " I complimented, smiling.

They seemed stunned. " I-uh would love to!" They said, grinning ear to ear.

" Oh, yay!" I squealed. " Now, what game do you want to play?"

After three hours of playing single player and multiplayer games, we decided there is a line that we crossed. We didn't have any food. While rushing Y/N to the kitchen, I needed to go to the bathroom...

** Y/N perspective **

Standing around, I looked around his apartment. It had the same layout as mine, but it was somehow more special. It felt warm as if his energy was captured in the walls and furniture. The sun was setting, the room bathed in an orange glow. I took a deep breath, the calm homely waves covering my heart. Suddenly, something was buzzing. It knocked me out of my zen as I looked around and tried to find the noise.

I looked on the chairs, on the floor, around the sink, and eventually found a phone on the countertop. I picked it up. It showed Signe's face and options to hang up or answer the incoming call. Blushing, I awkwardly held it and waited for Sean to come back. It buzzed rapidly in my hand. It suddenly stopped. I looked down and saw forty-seven missed calls. I felt my eyes open wide, while I was staring at the screen.

Texts flooded the screen.

The first four read: "Call me back!", "I want you back!", "I don't care about him.", and "We can still be together..."

I heard the toilet flush and the faucet running. My stomach caved in on itself, as I felt the buzzing and vibrating continue. Did he split up with her? Why? Who's she talking about? 

The soft sound of footsteps alerted me. I ran and placed his phone back, and tried to look normal.

" Hey, sorry. Do you want anything? We could get take-out." Sean stated, smiling.

" Sure, but I... I noticed your phone. It's been buzzing and I wondered what it was and, uh, yeah." I said, handing him his phone.

He carefully took it and turned it on. His eyes were bombarded with the excessive sight of Signe wanting his attention. With each call or text, I could see the pain in his eyes, getting harmed by each notification.

Slowly, he looked up at me. " Did you look through these?" He questioned quietly

" I kind of looked... I'm really sorry." I spat.

" No, it's fine. I wanted to tell you about me and her... later." He said in defeat.

I wandered over to him. " Is it officially over?" I asked, regretting so much in so little time.

" Yeah," Sean said with his voice cracking.

I got close enough to rub his back with my hand. He flinched at my touch but soon was soothed. Had he been abused? 

" I'm sorry..." I sympathized. " I can't help you much, but I'll be the best friend I can be, okay?"

He looked up at me with tears in the corners of his eyes and smiled. " Okay."

Hearing those words, my heart fluttered. I had really became a friend. I watched as his smile fell, tears starting to drip down his beautiful face.

Suddenly, out of the blue, he hugged me, encasing his arms around my body. I stood in shock as he clung to me. I slowly wrapped my arms around his shaking body, scared I was gonna startle him. 

" Sean?" I asked, wondering why he was hugging me.

" I'm scared, Y/N. I'm so scared."