I Can Treat You Better

** Sean's perspective **

Y/N fell asleep again. Midnight was when they hit their end, and rested. Again, we were together when they fell asleep. They took off my sweatshirt, which made my heart frown. They said they could power through twelve, but fell asleep with my arm wrapped around them, and their head rested on my shoulder. A soft blush rested on my pores. I felt like I was capable of protecting them; at least at this moment. From myself? From Jack? 

" Sean... don't leave me... please," They muttered when I readjusted my body against the couch.

A dumbass cheeky grin carved my face open. Slowly, my arm got fuzzy and pained. I didn't move: my discomfort was a much better cost than theirs. The tv flashed multiple times on Y/N's face like paint on a canvas. I closed my eyes. A person that flipped my world upside down was in my arms until sunlight separates us. For this moment in time, it was just us. No Nightmare. No Jett...

Part of me worried that they would believe Jett and leave me. I mean, they were already together, weren't they? They sure act like they are dating and are constantly on and off. A big exhale escaped my throat. Of course, Y/N would go for the handsome guy. He was perfect, except for that rotten personality he has behind layers of fake tanner and hair gel. I've never felt so insecure and narcissistic at once. I am completely obsessed with Y/N. Imagining them with him is so infuriating I could fucking scream. How is it that I just want one person to love me? I mean, Signe was close, but I couldn't and can't feel anything with her. Y/N... Y/N is different.

I know I could treat them better than that tool. He seems to have a complicated history with Y/N. He gives off this musk of deceit and rubbish. They deserve a better man. I wouldn't hurt Y/N in a million years. 

" So, when are you going to ask Y/N out, Romeo?" Jack asked loudly in my head, which made me jump slightly.

Y/N makes me both stay in control and out of control with Jack. 

" I'm not going to..." I whispered.

Jack laughed and replied, " I am ya. You're going to ask them out eventually. And ya know they want you too."

Warmth burst from my face. Does Y/N really think of me like that? " Y-Y/N doesn't. Y/N wouldn't say yes if I asked. They're with Jett," I said to Jack quietly, looking at Y/N's sleeping body.

" Trust me. Y/N would take... you over that egotistical ass hat. I mean, everyone wants a piece of Y/N. I wanna hit that... But trust me, me. They do like ya," Jack said confidently and very pervertedly.

I stayed silent. I reached my arm under their thighs and their upper back. I lifted them up bridal style and brought them to their actual room. I walked carefully. When I reached their room, I moved their blanket and placed them on the bed softly. Then, I moved the blankets up to their chin. The way they were so peaceful and comfortable in my arms made my heart swell. 

Suddenly, my lungs filled up with heavy material. My body was jolted forward, and my lips carefully reached their forehead. I stood there, leaning over, and having my body rendered useless. What. The. Fuck.

I stood straight again and walked out of their room quietly.

" Well, Romeo, see? All you needed was a small push!" Jack said, grinning inside my head.

I replied silently, " You shouldn't have made me do that."

" Oh come on! You want to do much worse! I decided to take a better approach. And, I totally retracted. You did all of it, my man," Jack said... honestly.

I pushed my lips together as I rubbed the back of my neck. I shut the door to Y/N's room soundlessly. I walked down the hallway and went toward my bedroom. I made a pitstop in the living room to pick up my jacket. I slung it over my arm, walked to my room softly, and threw the jacket in a pile of my already worn clothes. I flopped myself on my bed and stared up at my ceiling.

" Please Jack," I begged.

Jack asked, " What are you blubbering about?"

Sighing, I replied, " Please don't hurt Y/N."

...