Golden Roses

Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I'll give it back.

~♡~

"I call top bunk!" Taehyung shouted, running into his and Jimin's small dorm room and throwing his bags onto the top mattress.

Jimin followed closely behind, a small pout decorated his face, "I was hoping for two beds on the ground," he said with a sigh, "you know, that way we could have pushed them together and shared."

Taehyung felt his friend's small arms wrap around him from behind and he silently accepted the back hug. It had almost been a year since finding out they had each other's names on their wrist, and Taehyung still felt...empty.

He turned gently, a forced smile on his face, "Don't be sad, Chim," he grabbed Jimin's hands and laced them with his, "we can do lots of cuddling before we sleep. Besides, the separate beds will help us focus on our studies."

Jimin looked into Tae's brown eyes and nodded slowly, "I suppose you're right," he gave Taehyung a quick kiss on his cheek before pulling his red bedding out of his bag to begin making his new bed.

Taehyung sighed and began to do the same to his top bunk, truthfully, he couldn't be more grateful they were put in a dorm with bunk beds. He kept telling himself that he simply had to learn to love Jimin in that way, for the most part, nothing had changed. Jimin had wanted to start dating, but Taehyung insisted that their studies came first. They both agreed that a relationship would cause too much distraction--especially as roommates.

"Want to go explore and finish setting up our room later?" Taehyung asked, hopping down from his lofted bed--he was already bored with the organization process.

Jimin shook his head, his soft blonde hair bounced cutely, "No way! You know I can't just leave my stuff an unorganized mess without thinking about it every five seconds."

Taehyung laughed loudly and wrapped his arms around Jimin who tended to be more of a perfectionist than most. "Well I'm going out," he said, pressing a loving kiss to Jimin's cheek, "I'll be back before five so we can eat dinner together, okay?"

"Fine," Jimin said with a sigh, "I suppose one of us should know our way around campus." Taehyung ran out of the door before his roommate could change his mind.

Bangtan University was one of the largest colleges in South Korea, it was located in the heart of Seoul. The brick building was stained a bright, classic red, and the paths a cream cobblestone. Taehyung skipped along the sidewalk, carefully avoiding people on their bikes and skateboards, falling alongside the others out for a casual stroll. He gingerly reached out and ran his fingers along a smooth, dark silver lamp post that decorated the side of the path, it was one of the many placed around campus.

A loud roar suddenly filled his ears, he watched as people began to scatter off to the side, cursing in frustration. As Taehyung stood in the middle of the cobblestone walkway, confusion knitting through his brow, a small girl rushed forward and grabbed his hand, pulling him off to the side just as a man on a motorcycle raced down the middle of the sidewalk.