Bitter Vodka

Sure, I could buy you a drink...but I'd be jealous of the glass.

but I'd be jealous of the glass

~♡~

"Yoongi, we can't keep having conversations like this."

Yoongi sat across from the Bangtan University dean, his feet rested against the dark, wooden desk, as his father lectured him. A bored expression played across his face; this conversation had been had too many times. In his hands, he held a Rubik's cube, the bright colors danced as his fingers nimbly moved the small blocks into the correct color pattern.

"Son, are you even listening to me?" his father asked, irritation laced through his tone.

"Mhm," Yoongi hummed in acknowledgement, not even bothering to make eye contact.

The dean sighed, "I just don't understand, help me understand. You're very bright, the teachers and students love you. You're the star quarterback of our winning football team, have a 4.0 GPA, I provide you with everything and anything you could ever possibly need or want...so why do you insist on riding that damn bike down the sidewalk at least once a week!?"

Yoongi smiled softly and placed the finished cube down on his father's desk. "Am I free to go?" he asked.

His father ran a worn hand over his face, "One of these times, there's going to have to be consequences," he said sternly, his exhaustion apparent.

"I'm counting on that," Yoongi said with a dry chuckle.

"You're free to go," the dean dismissed with a sigh.

Yoongi stood, grabbed his backpack, and opened the door. Before he left, he turned to say a quick goodbye, but his father had already picked up a phone call and shooed him away. Offering a weak smile, the student whispered an unheard "See you next week," before slipping out of the office.

Ji was waiting for him outside of the office, "You're never going to get his attention, you know that," she said, with her arms crossed and an 'I told you so' look on her pretty face.

Yoongi smiled sadly and wrapped an arm around his younger sister's shoulder, "I don't want to talk about it."

"I know," she said, wrapping an arm around his waist. "Hey, after my cheer practice do you want to grab pizza for lunch and eat it at the park, you know, just like we used to?"

"Yeah," Yoongi kissed the top of her head, "I'd love that."

"Great! I'll see you then. For now I gotta run," she said, taking off towards the building that held the gym.

Yoongi slipped his earphones in and closed his eyes for a moment. A cool breeze rippled through the quiet campus parking lot, it was a Saturday morning, everyone was either walking back to their dorms hung over or sound asleep. Yoongi felt the ever present need to escape, but there was so much homework to be done, so many extracurriculars to complete, and a whole lot of people who wanted to get together with him. It's funny how one can feel so empty and alone, when they are seemingly far from it.