False Fashion Statement

That shirt’s very becoming on you. Of course, if I were on you, I’d be coming too.

 Of course, if I were on you, I’d be coming too

~♡~

The pleasant aroma of freshly brewed espresso filled the cute coffee shop, while the sound of the slow-drip enhanced the aesthetic. Namjoon enjoyed his job, for the most part, but the nagging thoughts of his soulmate had kept him distracted for the majority of the week. The bell chimed overhead, indicating that he had a customer to serve, but before he could give his rehearsed, respectful greeting, his tiny friend bounded up to the counter and plopped herself down with an annoyingly cheerful grin.

"Who's your favorite person in the worrlldd?" Ji sang out.

"Probably Yoongi," Namjoon answered honestly.

Ji raised an eyebrow, "Oh?" she questioned, "Did Yoongi find out the information needed to have an accidental run-in with Seokjin?"

"You found information on my soulmate!?" Namjoon shouted, grabbing her in an excited embrace.

Ji rolled her eyes, "Of course, did you ever doubt me?" She swung her legs behind the counter and dangled them playfully, "Now let me ask you again," she teased, "who's your favorite person?"

Namjoon groaned, "If I say you, will you give me the information I need to make him fall in love with me?"

"It doesn't exactly work that way," Ji said with a frown, "but I'll do my best."

"Okay you're my favorite person!" Namjoon shouted, grabbing her hands and jumping on the balls of his feet in excitement, "What did you find out?"

The bell chimed behind them. Ji hopped off the counter and held up a finger to him, "Hold on," she instructed before turning around and taking the order of the customer who had just walked in. "That'll be ready for you shortly," she said sweetly, before turning her attention back to Namjoon.

The older male was looking at her disapprovingly, "Jimin, you don't even work here," he scolded, while rushing around to make the customer's beverage.

She shrugged, "So? I just pushed some buttons on the register and voila!"

Namjoon passed the satisfied customer his drink before turning back to his annoying, albeit resourceful friend, "So, are you going to tell me how to find my soulmate or not?" he asked.

"Tsk, so impatient, maybe you should-"

"I will literally pour hot milk on your head, just tell me!" Namjoon demanded, holding a metal cup of steamed milk over her head.

Ji scurried away with a giggle, "Alright, alright. Seokjin is Jimin's older brother--he referred to him as 'Jin,' and he owns his own lines of fashion!" Namjoon frowned at that and looked down at his worn hoodie and ripped skinny jeans. "Now the bad news is that he is indeed married and has been for eight years."