Life Is Unpredictable

I'm not a tattoo artist, but I know how to place pleasurably marks on you for a lifetime.

~♡~

~♡~

Taehyung woke up on the floor next to Jungkook in a tangled mess of limbs. It took him a moment to remember where he was and why they were on the floor. Groaning softly, he managed to pry himself from Jungkook's grasp without the younger waking.

"Oh my gosh," he whispered to himself as he stared at Jungkook's sleeping frame. "Did I just...cuddle with Jeon Jungkook?"

Standing to his feet he began to pace back and forth. "Okay," he breathed out, "just think this through, Taehyung. It was the situation. He needed a companion, right? It's not like you wanted to." Gripping the ends of his hair he groaned softly, "Why do I feel like this?" he whispered.

Deciding he needed to talk to someone he quickly pulled up Ji's Snapchat on his phone and rested it against Jungkook's small end table. "Okay," he whispered as he started the video, "you'll never believe where I-"

"JUNGKOOK!" The attic trap door banged open as his father climbed up. "How many times do I have to tell you not to pace over my-" he stopped short, his eyes locked with Taehyung's wide ones.

Jungkook had woken up and quickly scrambled to his feet. "It's not what it looks like," he rushed to explain. "Please-"

"YOU BROUGHT A BOY HOME!?"

Jungkook winced, "Not like that," he whimpered.

"What's your name, boy!?" Jungkook's father thundered at Taehyung.

Taehyung scoffed, "What's your name?" he sassed back.

Jungkook's father laughed in unamusment, "Got yourself a feisty one, didn't you? Son." Turning back to Taehyung he replied, "You can call me Areum-nim."

"But I don't respect you," Taehyung shot back.

Jungkook's father opened his mouth to angrily respond, but Jungkook cut him off. "It doesn't matter. We're leaving, right now."

"Don't you dare walk through that door!" his father yelled, stepping in front of him. "I always knew you were a faggot."

Taehyung paled when he realized what his father had assumed, but then his blood boiled at the derogatory term. Did Jungkook seriously grow up with a homophobic parent? It was such a rare thing given that who you were linked with as a soulmate was often someone of the same gender. It was hardly ever questioned. Once fate had declared that gender didn't matter, and many, many people were linked with someone of the same sex, people stopped questioning it.

"Excuse me!?" Taehyung stepped forward.

Jungkook quickly stepped in front of him. "Don't," he pleaded, "you'll only make it worse."