VI

By the time I had made it home it was late evening, the sun was almost gone behind the mountains, and the stars along with the moon were just starting to come out.

I made my way to the back porch, I transformed back to human as I took my first steps on the porch. Yes, we still stay fully clothed to and from transformation.

I sat down in the chair that was against the house, and I plopped my feet on the coffee table. My thoughts were running a million miles an hour, and my wolf was very uneasy.

It was the screen door swinging open which was next to my seat that caught my attention, and I saw Angel came out.

"And just where have you been missy?" She mocked with one of her hands on her hips and used the other hand to point her index finger at me.

I looked at her, then looked away. I didn't answer her, I just put my chin in my hand where my fingers were covering my mouth.

"You okay?" She was now being very sincere.

I closed my eyes, a sigh escape as I moved my hand and I ran my fingers through hair.

"I found my mate." I mumbled.

"Dude, that is great! Who is it? I can't wait to meet him." She stated as she took a seat in a chair that was across from me.

Angel was so excited, until she saw I had no reaction.

"I have a feeling who ever he is, your not happy about it."

"What I'm not happy about is that I am taking over as alpha, there is a war brewing, and my damn mate turns out to be a lone wolf." I grumbled as I slouched in my seat.

"Repeat that last part."

I looked up at her, "He's a lone wolf."

"What did you do to anger the Goddess?"

I chuckled, "I have been asking myself that sense I was 15."

"Where did you even meet him?"

I pointed my thumb to the forest, "Out by my spot."

"Do you atleast know his name?"

"Julien." As I stated his name my wolf purred inside my head and I growled annoyingly.

"That's a start, come on." Angel said as she got up from her seat.

"Where we going?" I asked, as I got up from my seat as well.

"Research." Was all she said before opening the screen door and making her way into the pack house, I followed her.

We made it to my bedroom, she opened the door and walked in. I looked around and made sure no one was around, not sure why we being sneaky.

Angel sat on my bed after grabbing my laptop from my desk, I sat down next to her.

"Do you have any alpha access yet?"

I tilted my head along with arching an eyebrow.

"Need to look at files."

I nodded, I took the laptop from her and went to the alpha data base that I now had access due to my father getting all that ready for me.

"Do you have a last name, or just Julien?" Angel asked.

"Just Julien." Again my wolf purred, I growled.

Angel typed away, and with a few clicks. "Well, good news is there is a Julien in the system. Bad news is there like six of them." She paused to look at me. "And all you saw was his wolf form I am assuming?" She continued.

I nodded, and she sighed.

We check each eat Julien out, none of the information we got was helpful. They either were still in packs, or long gone.

We came to the last Julien in the system, I was already sure we weren't going to find anything until his picture popped up, it was of a small child but something caught my attention.

"Those eyes." I muttered, which in return got Angel's attention.

"Those eyes." I repeated. "The wolf had the same ones."

Angel clicked on the rest of his information, and I felt great sadness rush over me.

"It says his whole pack was killed." Angel mumbled.

"Grizzlies came during the night and got the surprise on them. Julien was only 10 years old at the time." I could hear the sorrow in her voice.

"It also says he was never found, they closed his file basically saying that he ran away and didn't make it or they took him." She stated after looking at some notes that were in his file.

My heart went out to my mate, he's been on his own for so long.

"Hey look at this." Angel said pointing at a file that was connected to Julien's file.

"Its about the lone wolf."

I read over the words in the file, "His father was a lone wolf?" I asked out loud.

"Apprently from what this says." Angel said as she continued to dig deeper in the file.

"Says he was a lone wolf, found his mate and they made a pack together."

I sat back a little, "Is he following in his father's footsteps?" I questioned myself with my inner thoughts.

"Do you think this is a coincidence?" Angel asked me as she shut my laptop.

"I don't know, but I plan to find out." I said as my alpha instincts kicked in and I walked out of my bedroom and out of the house.

I will be back later, if I am not back in five hours come to my spot if I am not there send the search party after me.

I linked to Angel and she growled in response.

Once I reached the edge of the forest, I took off as my wolf. I was going to find my mate, and I was going to get my answers.