XX

After helping Julien unpack our stuff from the truck. Once everything was unpacked, I told Julien to go sleep for a while and I would hold down the fort, so I spent most of the day in my fathers office as my father had phone called from his hotel room asking me to take care of some paperwork that needed to be done by tomorrow morning, and he trusted me to able to do it. I had watched him do the same paperwork for years, I honestly felt like I could do this in my sleep at this point.

Alpha perks.

I was in the middle of double checking the facts that were stated in the papers when a knock on the office door caught my attention.

"Come in." I said as I pulled out a file from one of the desk drawers.

I caught the scent of my mate as the door opened up, and he peeked his head around the edge of the door.

"May I keep you company?" He asked with a smile.

I smiled back, "Sure, maybe you can help me with this paperwork."

Julien walked in and shut the door behind him before taking a seat, which is my normal seat when I'm on the opposite side of this desk.

"What kind of paperwork are you doing?" He asked as his leaned forward so that his arms were crossed on the desk with his head laying on them while he was looking at me.

"Mainly it's just border patrol reports, and some new requests for either joining the pack or having things change around here." I said as I looked over a few pages.

"Who's wanting to join the pack?" I watched his eyebrow arch from the corner of my eye.

"Well, one would be Drew. Which by the way." I paused as I set the paperwork down and my full attention went to Julien. "Who is this Drew and how do you know him?" I finished my statement.

"He is Corbin's gamma, well delta." Julien said it like he was saying how the weather was.

"Seriously?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Yeah, kind of surprised his mate is a beta's daughter I figured it be someone equal to his rank."

I scoffed, "Angel needs someone who is below her in rank, ain't no way she could handle someone who was the same rank or above. Drew has his hands full that's for sure."

"At least he doesn't have an alpha as a mate." Julien smiled playfully.

I rolled my eyes, "Less of a headache."

Julien chuckled, "Also less of the fun."

I smiled at him and as a response he leaned up and leaned over more so that his face was close to mine, I closed the distance between us and gave him a kiss on the lips.

He pulled back, and gave me a genuine smile. "I better go so you can finish up, I'm going to go see Corbin for a while. How about we go out for dinner tonight?"

I smiled back at him, "Sounds wonderful, meet up in the living room say around 8 o'clock?"

Julien stood up and gave me a kiss on the cheek before going to see the door, he looked back at me with a devilish smile "See you then"

I watched Julien leave the office, then when door shut I focused back on the paperwork.

It was about 6:30ish when I had finished the stuff father had asked me to do. I decicided to take this time and actually put in effort to make myself look good for my date tonight.

After getting my shower I blow dried my hair while still wrapped in a towel. I left it a little damped so that it would finish air drying while I got dressed. The clothing I decided to wear tonight was a black shimmery dress that hug my torso and stomach but was loose from the abdomen so that it flowed freely and the straps wrapped around my upper arms but tied in the back because the dress was shoulderless, for my shoes I picked out a pair of black lace up 2 inch heels. I wanted to finish up by putting on some light make up and doing my hair in wavy curls. After curling my hair I gave myself one last look. Being satisfied with my looks I checked the clock on my cell phone and saw it was 7:54.