t w o

c h a p t e r  2

c h a p t e r 2

"Park Mi-So! Can you cover mine for today? I just have an errand to run."

"Can you also do mine? I have something important to do."

Running from cleaning duty. As always. I did not bother looking up from fixing my things and just waved them off.

"Thanks!"

It's not that I loved cleaning. I despised it, really. I accepted their requests since it gave me a reason to stay out longer. I liked to prolong my time outside since I wasn't very fond of staying at home.

I waited for the classroom to clear out before I started. The last person, our class president swung his bag over his shoulder and shot me a look. "You know they're just lying, right?" He leaned on a nearby desk. "You know you can refuse too."

I nodded once. "I know." I said, aligning the desks and chairs.

"You must really be fond of cleaning."

"True. The broom and I come in a set." I shrugged.

He chuckled. "Then you're probably just a very kind person." He smiled at me, standing straight as I aligned the desk he was resting on.

"I am cursing you in my head right now, hoping you'd leave." I deadpan, refusing to meet his eyes.

He laughed openly. Maybe this time I could finally hold a conversation. On the contrary to what he said, he was the one that had always been kind to me. Always initiating a conversation with me. He was actively social and I envied that. I tend to answer him with concise words to cut the conversation short. To be honest, I was intimidated by him and the only way to cope with it was to seem as if I did not really care when in reality, I very much appreciated his efforts in conversing with me.

Before I could take back my words and tell him I was only joking, a voice chimes from the door.

"Bang Chan! Let's go and make fun of Hyun-" the black haired squirrel from this morning appeared in the hallway. "Oh! What's up, Pororo!" He beamed at me.

I fumed instantly and attempted to march my way towards him, to probably rip his head off, only to pulled back by Bang Chan's (very muscular) arms. "Tut-tut." He rested his hands on my shoulder, pretending to dust off my blazer. "Save it for when there's an audience." He smiled.

I ignore them and continued with cleaning. I aggressively pushed back a chair, disappointed that I did not get to crush that squirrel's jaw as well.

Bang Chan laughed before striding towards the door. "See you tomorrow, Park Mi-So." He waved before leaving with a very loud squirrel.

"Goodbye, class president." I whispered to the air. "Maybe I should consider calling animal control.."

•••

It was 6PM when I finally finished. I sprayed alcohol on my palms just as I exited the building.

This was the part I've been dreading the most. The walk back home. Why couldn't I have friends to hang out with after school? Oh, right. Because you drive away people who could possibly give a damn about you. Genius.

I let out a very harsh sigh and look up at the sky. Partly to look at the stars but to also stretch my neck. There weren't much stars out so it was less than interesting.

I don't know what surprised me more. The fact that blondie was crouched right in front of me or the nonchalance in my voice.

"Wow. You must really like looking up through girls' skirts."

I balled my fist, ready to swing.