t w e n t y - n i n e

c h a p t e r 29

It has always been a mystery to me how Disney princesses are able to greet the day with a smile. Seriously. How can they possibly dance and sing around first thing in the morning? Is it because the chirping birds are there to help them fix their beds?

The only relatable princess is Anna.

The sun was blazing down, hitting my eyes perfectly. I rolled over to my side, relishing in the comfort my freshly washed sheets that smelled vaguely of peppermint and cinnamon. I nuzzled my head closer to my warm fuzzy pillow. My eyebrows involuntarily twisted together when I realised that my detergent was in fact, lavender scented. And I didn't own a fuzzy pillow. And.. when did pillows breathe? And.. lick?

My eyes snapped open and I was met with a pair of big round eyes. I froze in my spot as we invested ourselves in a mini staredown.

Up until it barked.

With a shriek, I not so gracefully fall off the bed with a loud thud. "What the fu-" My voice gradually died down when I scanned the area. My eyes couldn't possibly get any more bigger than it already was. I just fell from a king-sized bed with the dark grey sheets now tangled between my legs. I took notice that it also matched the floors which were grey marble tiles. Craning my neck to the side, I saw the dark curtains that were drawn open, filling the room with light.

Then I see my gown, hung on one of the doors. I finally look down and see that it was indeed replaced and I was now dressed in a white nightgown instead. Which definitely wasn't mine.

Frantically, I pat myself down for any signs of bruises or injury. Finding that I was perfectly fine, I nervously glanced at the dog who has been staring at me. I got up from the floor before sitting next to it on the bed. I tried not to flinch when it growled at me. "Where am I?" I found myself asking it. Maybe I was dreaming and this is a world where animals could talk. Maybe miraculously, I was a princess.

"The alcohol might have not left your system yet." A voice joined.

Mouth agape, I see Hyunjin casually leaning by the doorframe. Seeing as there was a towel hung over his shoulders and that his hair was wet, I drew a conclusion that it was the bathroom. "Good morning." He greeted with a smirk.

I pulled the sheets closer when he began walking over. "Where the fuck am I?" I glared at him.

"My room."

"Why the fuck am I here, you fucking pervert?"

He chuckled lowly as he sat down before petting the cranky dog between us. "Language, we are in the presence of a child."

"Sorry. Whyst the fuck am I hider, thou fucking gentleman?"

He laughed as he made himself comfortable and leaned back with his arms as support. He raised a brow. "You don't remember?"

I shot him a questioning look. I had to grip my hands together under the sheets to keep conscious since his freshly bathed self wasn't doing me any favour. 

"You catapulted yourself into the swimming pool."

"I- what?" I screeched out, ignoring the surprised cry of the dog. Was that why I was dressed differently? How is it possible that I couldn't remember a damn thing? I gripped my hair in both embarrassment and frustration.