t w e n t y - f i v e

c h a p t e r  25

The remaining days of the trip passed by like a blur and we soon found ourselves lining up to climb back on the bus to get the hell out of this mountain. I took pride in being the first in line. I cannot believe that the words I, am, excited, to, go, back, to, and school would be a combination that would come out of my mouth. There was nothing that could wipe the smile off my face.

"Feeling down now that the trip is over?" My adviser who stood guard in front of the bus' door, suddenly asked.

I was absolutely baffled at his comment. I was plastering a big ass smile and he came to a conclusion that I was sad?

"No." I deadpanned, keeping the smile.

He coughed awkwardly just as another teacher jogs up to him. I paid them no attention as they conversed about a flat tire. My foot subconsciously tapped impatiently.

A suitcase suddenly rolled next to me. The boy sitting on top of it did not go unnoticed. I tried to ignore the fact that his luggage was Briggs & Riley. "I forgot to ask.." Bang Chan started before rolling closer. "What made you change your mind?" He whispered dramatically.

The duality of this guy is perplexing. I've seen him perform at school festivals and participate in sports. This guy in front of me is the total opposite. With his innocent smile and curious eyes, you'd never guess that he single handedly dominated all of the events.

"Never pegged you for a gossip girl." I answer instead, purposely ignoring his question.

He twirled around on his makeshift stroller. "X-O-X-O." He joked in a sing song voice.

Our conversation was cut short when a teacher hollered a 'quiet'. "One of the buses has a flat tire, therefore the students of 12 - 1 will be evenly distributed to the remaining buses."

When everything was settled, we finally boarded the bus. I settled myself on my original seat by the window, leaving my stuff on the space beside me. Quickly recalling that Seungmin was supposed to sit next to me, I stood up to hoist my suitcase on the shelf above. I grunted, regretting that I had brought so many fruits. It was free!

A hand snatches it from me before easily sliding it in. Upon spinning around to thank whomever, my words got stuck in my throat.

With our close proximity, I could practically count the hair strands of his eyebrows. My eyes widened, the mole under his left eye dazzling me.

"Hello." Hyunjin smiled as he lifted his suitcase. I took a step back, desperate to put some space between us in this small bus.

"W-what are you doing here?" I cursed myself for stuttering.

Noticing that he was blocking the bus aisle, he pushed me back to my seat before claiming the one next to mine. "Weren't you listening? Flat tire."

"Yeah but where's Seungmin?" I blinked several times trying to register that he was indeed the one sitting next to me.

His eyes narrowed in a suspicious manner. "He took a separate car due to his injury." Suddenly, I wished that I was the one sprained. "So, whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me for the next six hours." He shrugged.