t h i r t e e n

c h a p t e r  13

"What's so funny?" I asked Minho next to me who was reading something from his phone.

He pocketed it before shaking his head. "A certain golden retriever is angry at me." He chuckled.

My eyebrows furrowed. "You have a dog?" I exclaimed.

"Something like that." He shrugged. "Anyway, care to tell me why you were on a date with Hyunjin?" He teased, poking my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "I told you, we weren't on a date." I looked out the bus window.

"Sure seemed like it." He scoffed. "Buying couple scarves and all." He took the ends of my scarf before flicking it at my face.

I glared at him before tucking my face deeper in the scarf. "Shut up." I murmured.

I'm not even sure if this scarf was supposed to be mine or Hyunjin just used it as a prop to insult me. I sighed and decided to just ask him when I should return it.

"Judging from the massive bruise on his jaw, I assume he's the skirt lifter?" Minho inquired.

"The one and only."

"It'll make a funny story for your grandchildren when they find out that your harasser turned out to be your husband."

"As if." I snorted, recalling that Hyunjin had a girlfriend.

"Don't knock it until you've tried it."

•••

I lowered myself on my bed with a sigh. This day certainly didn't go the way I wanted it to. I was just supposed to do my job at the library, tutor Hyunjin, and go home. How did I end up riding an hour long trip with him? Get ice cream? Watch him dance? Shop for scarves? I turned to my side to look at the scarf hanging on the hook by my door.

My thoughts were cut short when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Thief." A voice growled.

My brows furrowed. "Who's this?"

"You stole my scarf!"

"Hyunjin?"

"Yes?"

I got up from my bed. "How the hell did you get my number?" I asked.

"Does it matter? You stole my scarf!" He repeated.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't steal it. You wrapped it around my neck yourself." I pointed out.

"Yeah, but then you left me. That's stealing." He said. "Didn't I tell you that leaving without saying goodbye was rude?" He added.

"I did say goodbye." I pointed out.

"You still left me for Minho." His voice suddenly dropped. "Are you two in a relationship?" He asked.

"Aren't you in a relationship?" I asked back, seeing no point in this conversation. "And, seriously? Are you really calling just to call me a thief?" I asked incredulously. "I can return it on Monday."