The Vision

We all slowly stood catching our breath, just to lose it again as we see the large gorge separating us from the cave. I looked around. "How are we-" (F/N) started but stopped as she saw me grabbing a rope and a piece of wood.

I handed the contraption to Camilo. "Throw this, on that rock." He threw it and I pulled it to make sure it's safe. "Who wants to go first." We all started at each other. "Fine, I'll go." You began to get ready to swing. A worried expression on Camilo's face.

You made the swing, quickly shaking the built up worries off. "It's safe!" You shouted. Everyone began to swing across as well.

You walked into the cave and began to look around. It was decently sized and made out of sand. The occasional rock in the structure seemed to be what was holding it up. Mirabel began digging at the ground.

"What are these?" She grabbed a glowing emerald-like shard. You all began grabbing. Mirabel stopped and gasped.

"This one has my face on it." You all gathered around. You started to put the pieces next to each other, it was like a magical puzzle.

The cave began to rumble and you almost lost balance. "Hurry get the rest!" You began quickly grabbing and digging at the shards placing them in Mirabel's bag. As (F/N) grabbed the last shard and bolted out, the cave crumbled, and you all just barely made it out.

Everyone laid on the ground in shock. "So... how are we gonna get back down." Camilo asked fidgeting with his fingers. Mirabel have an annoyed glance. "Speaking that we just almost died, that's the least of our worries."

*Time Skip*

We make it back to Mirabel's room exhausted. We all jump onto the beds on top of each other. "So what now?" (F/N) asked. But Mirabel stood and began assembling the vision, we all gathered around her to watch.

I looked over at the clock Casita pushed towards us. "I think we should go, (F/N). As much as I'd love to stay longer, I think our parents would catch on." She nodded.

"We'll hide the vision before anyone sees and we can continue to investigate." Camilo suggested. Me and (F/N) snuck out of the room and left the Casita.

"Okay." Mirabel turned to Camilo. "Let's disassemble this before our parents see." Agustin was right behind Mirabel before she started. "Before we see..what?" His jaw dropped as he saw Bruno's assembled vision.

"It's fine," he began shoving the pieces into his pocket. "No one will know, we won't tell a soul that the Miracle is fading, the Casita is cracking, and you snuck into Bruno's tower. Let's just go eat and not ruin Isabela's engagement." They all left the room and Dolores stood wide eyed across the hall.

"I know." She did a quick 'hm' and ran along the hallway into the dining room. They all exchanged looks of fear. "She's gonna tell." Camilo said while strutting out of the room.

As everyone sat in their seats at dinner, Mirabel stared at Dolores. Dolores, whimpering and scared, was on the verge of telling.

Mariano pushed the bowl of avocados in front of Mirabel's face. "Avocado?" The interaction was all it took for Dolores to whisper behind Camilo to Felix who spit out the contents of his drink from the news. Camilo let out a nervous smile at Mirabel. 'We're doomed' he mouthed.

As the news spread around the table Abuela caught hold and glared at the two 15 year olds. "Maribel, Camilo. Excuse us," she directed at Mariano's mom. "Come with me."

They followed her out of the dining room into the main area. "What is this about Bruno's room, (Y/N) and her friend, and a vision?" She said angrily. "I told you Mirabel to stay out of things. You aren't helping." She huffed. "And this (Y/N) seems too familiar looking, I don't trust or like her. Who is she?" Mirabel and Camilo just stared.

"Dolores!" She shouted menacingly facing the dining room. Dolores quickly trotted to her side. "Who is this (Y/N) and why is she so familiar?" "She's a (Y/L/N)." Her eyes immediately grew in anger. "I don't want her back in this house. Any of them. Don't talk or speak to them. I should have never invited them to Antonio's ceremony." She left the room with Dolores leaving Camilo and Maribel standing still.

As Abuela rejoined the group, animals, flowers, and vision shards were scattering and running around the room. The animals began to assemble the vision on the table in front of Alma.

The emerald colored photo showcasing the Madrigals on the left, your family on the right, with you, Camilo, and Mirabel in the center. The Miracle Candle, in your hands, shining brighter than ever seen before. Both families are smiling.

She looked at the vision flustered. Her eyes scanning every inch of it. "No..NO! The Miracle is strong! We don't need them! This isn't true!" She yelled as she pushed the vision off the table. It shattered into more pieces. She stormed to her room and slammed the door.

"I see a crack." Mirabel turned to Camilo pointing at Abuela's door. They looked up at the door. "The Miracle isn't strong," she sighed. "Abuela is hiding something from us all."