The Woman in the Basement

I woke up laying on top of Camilo. His relaxed face still sleeping. I love this boy. I thought. He's taken me through so much and he's like a personal counselor, well my boyfriend, whose also a counselor, and my best friend. So all three.

"Do you like to watch people sleep, (Y/N)?" He opened one eye. "Yeah, I do." I smirked. "Thank you for last night, Camilo." His face softened. And he pulled me higher up on his chest so our face met. He kissed me. "De nada." He replied after.

I sat up in the bed. "I don't know how to feel. I need to go home later and talk to them. But they'll be so mad at me. You know? I did tell Casita to toss my dad out the window. This feels like a therapy session, sorry." Camilo sat up to match me and scooted close laying his head on my shoulder grabbing my hands. "We'll let it be."

"I like when you tell me your problems." He admitted. "You trust me." He had a small smile. "Don't get to cocky." You rolled your eyes and his smile turned into a smirk. "Awww, (Y/N) trusts meee." He did a weird dance. You grabbed a pillow and smack him.

He returned the favor and grabbed one too. You began fighting and running around the room. You smack his pillow out of his hand. "1-0." You laughed. "You did not say we we doing points." He frowned while grabbing his pillow and smacking yours to the ground. "1-1." "I DIDN'T SAY GO YET!" You denied. You chased him around, over the bed, under the desk, into the closet.

Ugh he's too fast. You thought. You ran behind him and jumped onto his back sending him to the floor. "2–1." You laughed. "I DIDN'T HAVE A PILLOW." A gasp of air came out as he hit the floor. You laughed at his misfortune. "BREAKFAST EVERYONE." You both laughed as you got up and went to eat.

Everyone looked at you two suspiciously, except Dolores who obviously could hear what went on. Your hair and clothes ruffled with feathers lining your outfits. "Pillow fight." Camilo admitted. Pepa looked him up and down still not believing him. "I won." I added. "No, it's a tie you cheated in the end." You rolled your eyes. "Ask Dolores I won." Dolores nodded in agreement. A smirk forming on your face. "Making sure because I-" Pepa started. "Don't want grandkids until you're married." Camilo and I finished expecting what she was going to say.

After breakfast you decided to head home. "I can come with you?" Camilo suggested. "I think I wanna go in alone, I don't want to drag you into this." "Fine, I'll go with you but wait outside. We can get candy afterwards." I agreed.

You walked into the house and saw your dad in the kitchen. "Papa, I'm sorry." You said sadly. "You're not." He huffed. "You're choosing the grand Madrigals over us."

"I'm choosing the "Grand Madrigals" over you because they treat me like family. Even Alma who still hates me treats me more decently than you."

"Do you know how bad of an example you are for me? You tried to steal! From my boyfriend's house. I know how badly you want a gift, but you're doing too much. This is not what the vision says."

He broke his silence and started, "I don't care what the vision says." "Well you need to. It's almost like you've spent your whole life being jealous of them. Because they have gifts and we don't. Because they have a mansion and we don't. It's no one else's fault but Alma's. So if you hate anyone, make it just her. And especially not my boyfriend. Is it because their Abuela is strong and the leader of the encanto, she took the miracle and left ours to die? Give me some sort of reason! If mom can get over it, so can you. You're the only one keeping us from saving the Miracle, you and (B/N)

He lost his patience. "If you want to continue to side with the enemy, then do it. There's more reasons why I want the candle. Why the rightful owner wants the candle." "You're not the rightful owner." I scoffed. "You don-" he cut me off. And pointed to the basement door. I've never gone to the basement nor seen what was inside. "The rightful owner of the candle has been waiting all these years." He smacked the table and Camilo burst in from the noise. He grabbed your hand starting to lead you out. A look of disbelief surfaced your face. "What is happening to you?!" You assume EVERYTHING!" You're father yelled as you began to leave. "BECAUSE YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING." Tears start to form. "IS SHE ALIVE OR NOT?" I yelled back angrily. He turned around and walked upstairs. Camilo lead me out the house.

He hugged me as I cried. "I don't think I want any candy anymore." I sobbed. "Shh, it's okay we won't get candy then." He stared angrily at the house as your dad watched you two from the window. Camilo shook his head in disappointment and led you back to the Casita.

Mirabel waited for you at the door. "How'd it go!! I got candy since Camilo waited the whole time and..." she stopped as she saw you. "Oh my gosh (Y/N)." She hugged you, taking you from Camilo.

"I have an idea, and I'm gonna go tell Abuela right now. Stay here." She hurried upstairs. After a few minutes Mirabel came out smiling and Abuela was yelling for everyone to come out of their rooms. "Madrigals!! We're going to have a family game night."

A smile formed on your face and you mouthed 'Thank You' to Mirabel who hugged you again. Everyone gathered in the garden. Pepa was happy so the weather was wonderful. We all sat in a circle deciding what games to play. I noticed that Antonio was holding up well, holding his stuffed animal Mirabel made for him from his ceremony and another one made from plants, obviously from Isabel.

We played games like telephone, a whispering game, that Dolores obviously won at each time, I spy, and charades, which Camilo dominated. Everything was laughter and smiles. I'm pretty sure Alma even likes me a bit more.

Julieta passed out snacks and we sat and ate while telling jokes. I was happy.

*Time Skip and Your Dad's Perspective*

I brought a plate to the basement. The old stairs creaked as I walked down. "Here, mama." I said handing her the plate. "When can I come out hijo?" "When I get the candle." I said, plainly. "That's not how it works. You can't just take it. You have to unite it." She said." Well I will unite it my way. Now eat." She was shocked with my response. "Well, when can I see (Y/N)?" I rolled my eyes. "Why would you want to see a betraying backstabber and her Madrigal boyfriend." She looked sad. "It's your daughter...Just go." She said sadly as I began to walk back upstairs. She muttered under her breath, "she'll find me some day."