A Hault in Time

Quick Reader Recognition! @stan_txt_ig Thank you for voting for episodes and commenting! It's nice reading everyone's comments! ❤️ love you guys!

STORY:

"Where would we even look?" I asked as we left the child's house. Whenever he uses someone to talk it takes all of their energy. But why does he always use kids? I questioned my dad's mysterious intentions.

As we continued to walk my mind races. Camilo stopped and looked at me. "Are you okay? You look, empty. It's creepy." He joked.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just scared that if I get my gift it would hurt others, like my dad." He put an arm around my shoulder. "It won't." His face painted with a hopeful smile. Camilo usually easily reassures me, but this time, I'm not sure if I believe him.

*Time Skip*

Camilo dropped me off at home and I went straight to bed. Hopping into my comfortable covers and falling asleep. All of this candle, Miracle, family work, was exhausting.

About 30 minutes later I was awoken my rustling in my closet. Immediately waking and gathering myself closer near the headboard.

"Hello??" I tilted my head to attempt to get a better view. No one replied.

I'm gonna regret this. I whined as I approached the worn doors. Cracking them open slightly and peeking through. Nothing? I continued to look confused for 2 more seconds. Then I flung the door open fully.

"Nothing." I rolled my eyes and walked back towards the bed. But then, another rustle inside the closet stopped me. I turned around and looked back towards the closet, the doors were still open.

"WHAT IS IN HERE?" I whisper-shouted while I moved around boxes and clothes that lined the floor of the closet. "There's nothing in here." I huffed as I moved the 2nd to last box. I'm making myself look stupid. If Camilo was here he would definitely be laughing.

As I moved the last larger box I gasped. A small hatch sat on the floor, perfectly hidden. "Oh my gosh." My eyes widened.

I opened the hatch, a short ladder led to a small hallway. A secret room, in my room, leading to a candle lit hallway. If this wasn't horror movie material, I don't know what is. I took a deep breath before continuing.

The ladder was old and fragile. Rust beginning to form on it. The dirt hallway was lit by small candles. I walked a couple of steps, reaching its end and peeking around the corner.

I heard voices. "SHHHH. You know she's a light sleeper." A voice ordered. "It was your idea to use this room, who knows if she's this close to the candle that her gift will register before she actually decides!" The other ordered.

The voices were too familiar. I took a quick peak around the corner. The familiar grey hair of my grandmother and the crooked glasses on my fathers face.

I pressed my back against the wall, hoping to slide back into my room to the comfort of my bed and forget all of this.

I placed the boxes back onto the hatch, exactly how they were before. I walked over to my bed and tried to sleep. Unable to, I stared at the closet until the sun rose.

*Time Skip*

I ran to the center where I would meet Camilo. Sprinting to his arms and grabbing his shoulders.

"Someone's happy to see me." He smirked. "A little too happy, did you sleep?" He rubbed my under eye, eye bags lined my eyes exposing my restlessness.

"No, we need to talk. I think I found the candle." I cut straight to the case. Scared that if I took too long something else would happen.

His eyes focused on mine. "What?"

"I think I found my Abuela and Papa, in my closet. In my room. They're hiding in my room." I  just began to focus in on it all.  "Oh my gosh, they've been in my room this whole time. Of course they have, I haven't been home in a bit." My breath started to quicken.

He took my hand leading me... towards my house? "Camilo where are we going?" I asked while I tried to stop by sliding my shoes across the ground but he kept dragging me with him.

"Show me where the candle is. You can explain then, we have to hurry, we gotta get it and..." he trailed off and kept walking.

"No, Camilo stop." I pleaded. He didn't.

"Camilo, stop!! It's dangerous, Abuela and..." This time, it came out as more of a demand as I took my hand from his. He stood staring at me, confused. He didn't move or blink for a couple of seconds. "Camilo?" I questioned. He stood like a statue.

The wind blew strongly around us, but his hair didn't move. "What did I do?" His confused expression was haunting. "Did I hurt you?" I got closer to his face."

I touched my hands to his cheeks. He suddenly jolted "awake". Stepping back from me. His mouth opening and closing like he was at a loss for words.

"(Y/N), what did you do?" An expression of horror appeared on his face.

"Camilo, I don't know. I don't know, I'm scared. Please help me."  I was beginning to get scared. He hesitantly pulled me into a hug. This time, not resting his head on mine like he always did. I must have hurt him, ay dios mio. I'm becoming my father?

We stood in silence for a bit.

Breaking the silence I blurted.

"I think that was my gift."