29. Founders Day

"Ugh, this dress hurts," Elena complains as Jenna tightens her corset while we get ready for Founders Day. 

"Beauty is pain, Elena. You probably wouldn't understand that though." I tease as she gives me a glare. 

"Kylie, we're identical. That joke doesn't really work for us." She retorts. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." I mock as she rolls her eyes. I make my way to the mirror and look at myself. I'm wearing a pink strapless corseted gown with my hair curled how I usually wear it. Elena's wearing a green dress with her hair curled instead of straight so we look creepily similar.  

As we make our way through the square we spot Stefan and Damon so we make our way over. Once they spot us their jaws practically drop and they turn to give each other a look. 

"Come on stop staring and tell us how pretty we look," I state as they still look at us in awe. 

"You look phenomenal," Damon says as he eyes me up and down whilst Stefan compliments Elena

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Damon asks pulling me away from Stefan and Elena. But he quickly looks back to give Stefan a nod. Weird. I wonder if this is about what Isobel said last night because we haven't really addressed it since. "I've got some news. And I don't think you're gonna like it."

"Ugh seriously. What?" I ask irritated. All I seem to be getting is bad news recently. 

"John's your father," Damon says nervously. 

"Don't fuck with me right now Damon. Are you being for real?" I ask seriously as he nods.

"I would never lie to you." He replies. 

"How is that even possible?" I ask in shock. 

"Well there's no proof but he dated Isobel as a teenager and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." He explains. 

"You've got to be fucking kidding me. I can't believe this, my whole life I've hated him." I reply running my hands through my hair. 

"I'm sorry Ky, I just wanted to tell you before you heard it from someone else," Damon says giving me a sympathetic look.