15. stefans birthday bash

"What's the point of this party again?" I ask Damon as he drives us to Caroline's party at the grill.

"It's Stephan's birthday," Damon replies looking over my outfit or more so trying to see what's underneath it.

"Oh jeez really! I didn't even get him a gift! I guess my presence is greater than any gift." I shrug causing Damon to laugh as we pull into a parking space.

"A few things before we go in wild child. One, don't look too hot because every guy that hits on you is another grave Stephan will have to bury. Two, get a little tipsy so I have an excuse to carry you out and take you to mine afterwards. Three, no birthday kisses for Stephan. Are we clear?" He lists off causing me to grin. This is very un-feminist of me but I love when he acts so jealous and possessive.

"Crystal," I reply leaning forward and then hopping out and leaving him on edge. As I make my way into the grill I make sure to sway my hips because I can feel his eyes on me.

"Stephan! Happy birthday." I yell out giving him a big hug.

"Thanks, Kylie." He grins hugging back.

"Let me guess... 148?" I question causing him to chuckle.

"Close enough." I hear a voice behind me say. I turn and I am greeted with a pretty blonde girl.

"I'm Lexi." She greets sticking her hand out to which I shake.

"Kylie. Am I suppose to know you?" I reply giving a small smile. I look between her and Stephan wondering if they use to date. I smell chemistry.

"I'm Stephan's best friend." She says and I wrap my arm around Stephan's neck.

"You must be mistaken, Stephan doesn't have friends." I joke causing her to laugh.

"You are much more like Katherine than Elena," Lexi says smiling and I give a fake smile back.

"I'm going to take that as a compliment and pretend it's a good thing," I say trying to act cool. I walk off to try to find Caroline. Confusion sweeps across my face as I see her taking shots with Matt. I guess they would make a cute couple. I walk up behind them and steal a shot.

"Bottoms up b*tches," I yell out as we drown the shots. That's, better. I look up to see Damon making his way outside and I begin to follow. As I turn a corner I see him stake Lexi.

I stand there watching Damon shove Lexi in the boot of the car like nothing happened. I spot Stephan watching this unfold next to my sister in tears. What has Damon done? He just killed his brothers best friend... The worst part is that it was his choice.

I turn around to walk away, I can't face him. I like that he is charming, hot, funny and understands me. God, to think I thought we were similar. But I hate how he disregards emotions and hurts people for the joy of it.

Whilst I'm walking away I feel him grab my shoulder and turn me around. I look into his eyes trying to find a glimmer of regret but when I look down and see the blood covering his hands I lose hope.

 I look into his eyes trying to find a glimmer of regret but when I look down and see the blood covering his hands I lose hope

"Ky-," He begins but I just shake my head and hurt crosses his face. I'm surprised to see him care.

 I'm surprised to see him care

"No, Damon... I think we should take a break, you need to figure yourself out." I say watching his expression crumple. Before I can change my mind I walk away. I can feel his eyes on me as I leave him. But instead of feeling liberated and safe, I feel lonely and sad.

Hey everyone!

Sorry if I'm changing between Stefan and Stephan because I'm very illiterate.

I just thought of a really good I idea for this story so I'm really excited! I really think you gals will like it. It'll also juice up that drama ; )

Till next time x