7. Suicide Mission

I hear a knock at the front door just as I pour my coffee. Ugh, seriously. I groan and make my way to the front door to see Damon and Stefan. 

"Wow, aren't I a lucky girl?" I mock causing Damon to chuckle. 

"Can we talk?" Stefan asks. 

"Why?" I reply surprised by the early morning visit. 

"We went to see Katherine," Damon replies as I roll my eyes. Of course, they did. 

After a long and unnecessary broody explanation, Stefan explained that  Katherine tried to negotiate her freedom and in return, she'll give them the moonstone. 

"You don't believe her do you?" I reply after Stefan finishes. 

"No of course not. We just want the moonstone." Damon replies. 

"According to Rose's friend, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan explains. 

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice, ergo you live." Damon exclaims. 

"How do you destroy it?" Elena asks. 

"By releasing it from the moonstone," Stefan replies. 

"How exactly do you know this is gonna work?" I ask. 

"Because we have a crafty witch on our side," Damon replies. 

"You discussed it with Bonnie," Elena says clearly frustrated they brought her into this. 

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us," Stefan reassures her. 

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone though. She's not gonna just give it to you." I reply still unconvinced with their plan. 

"Kylie, I will pry it from her cold dead hand if I have to," Damon insists trying to get me on board. 

"Bonnie needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone and get out," Stefan explains. 

"Wow, it sounds like you guys have it all planned out," I reply after their little pitch. 

"Yep, we're awesome." Damon grins proudly. 

"Except for one thing. I don't want you to do it." I say as everyone gives me a shocked look. 

"What are you talking about? We don't have a choice, Kylie." Damon says angrily. 

"What about Klaus?" I ask throwing my hands up. 

"We'll find him right after we get the moonstone." Damon insists as I shake my head. 

"Is that before or after he kills everyone that I care about, including the three of you?" I reply pointing between them. 

"Kylie, if we can de-spell the moonstone we can save both your lives," Stefan says gesturing between Elena and I. 

"Why does everybody keep saying that!" I yell before walking out of the room. I can't handle this anymore. All anyone wants to do is put themselves in danger for Elena and me. Of course, I'm grateful but I can't handle that type of responsibility and guilt. 

I make my way outside and sit in the car trying to think of what I should do. Surprisingly I decide to pay Rose a visit. 

----

I make my way into the Salvatores and spot Rose reading on the living room couch. 

"Damon isn't here." She replies not looking up from her book. 

"I'm actually here to see you," I reply as she looks up surprised before smiling. Guess she doesn't have many friends. I begin explaining the idea I came up with in the car before she cuts me off.