Occlumency

"Focus, Potter!" Snape snapped, furrowing his brows at you. There you sat, heavy breathing, in the chair. With little energy in you left, your head drooped and you looked at Snape, sweat prickling on your forehead. "Are you listening to me? Focus!"

"I'm barely alive, can we take a break?" You cried out, breathing heavier than the second before from talking.

"A break!? Lord Voldemort ... does not take breaks. I told you to empty yourself of emotion! ... Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily — weak people, in other words — they stand no chance against powers! He will penetrate your mind with absurd ease, Potter!"

You cried out, tears prickling from your eyes. You'd seen it all already; the entrance to Hogwarts, being hit by the Dursleys, arguing with Malfoy, playing football with Cedric, dinners with Gryffindors, being sent out of every classroom possible. And in every single memory appeared Snape, mocking you for your emotions and sentimental values. Groaning, you slammed your head against your hands, covering your face in a defensive manner.

"Please, Snape, I beg," you cried out in agony.

"Brace yourself, Potter!"

"Snape!"

"Legilimens!"

A peaceful one, this. Lying on the grass, looking up at the grass, Draco Malfoy beside you. Or this one, Draco Malfoy throwing the sword over to you in the Chamber of Secrets. Better yet, Draco Malfoy sitting with you at the Slytherin fireplace, searching through books of ways of breathing underwater. Hell! Even the gentle heartbeat of Draco Malfoy, your head resting against his chest, as the two of you swayed back and forth at the Yule Ball, alone in the grand hall, with the music now gone and only the sound of your breathing together.

"Who would've thought?" You jumped in your very own memory, noticing Snape beside you at the Yule Ball.

Snapped out of the spell, you screamed out in agony, back in the chair.

"Snape! Stop it - I can't do it! Let's continue another time! Please!"

"Potter, oh, Potter. How the hell do you plan to defeat Him?"

"I don't know, I don't know!" You cried. "I don't know. I don't."

"And sort out your memories."

"What?"

"It's all Malfoy."

Shaking your head, you cried into your hands. You felt as though your entire life had flashed before your eyes; in a sense, it did. Attempting to calm down your breathing, knowing full well that Snape's eyes were on you, you took deep breaths and attempted to control your thoughts.

"If you don't learn to control this, Potter, you'll find yourself in some serious trouble. If He realises he's connected to you, he will use it to his advantage, and then you won't last two seconds against him in battle. Back during his moments of power, he used this very power to his advantage and flashed visions before his victims, and then tortured them mentally till they were begging for death. Only then ... did he kill them."

"Well I hope to fucking God he kills me if it's this fucking painful."

"Potter!" Snape hit the back of your drooped head with his wand. "I want you back here later today."

"Later today!? Snape, it's already four!"

"I'll see you at seven. In my office."

"Are you trying to kill me!?"

"Now, get out."

With a cry, you did not hesitate another second before setting off and out of the room. You did not wish for him to try anymore; you'd been at it for hours, and every memory he penetrated was more painful by the second. You made your way quickly through the halls of Hogwarts, towards the dungeons as soon as possible. You fixed your robe from the previous session with Snape, and tried to pace your way through to avoid the students around seeing your teared up face, and red, swollen eyes. Wiping your eyes and face, you sniffled and marched down the stairs as quickly as possible, heading straight for the Slytherin common room. Inside, however, proved to be your worst nightmare: the entire squad. Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson on his lap, Blaise Zabini, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Theodore Nott, Marcus Flint, and Millicent Bulstrode. Clenching your jaw, you begged God to have spared your face of its tears and vulnerability, to avoid them seeing you in a state of weakness.

"Aw, Potter's crying," Pansy sneered, forcing a face of mocking pity. Meanwhile, she openly bathed in the fact that she was sitting on Draco Malfoy - the boy of the school with the gorgeous looks, who, though they refused to admit, everyone wanted. "Did someone break her heart?"

Flashing her a glare, you turned away quickly, your face full of tears evidently. Whilst all the Slytherins sneered, laughed, mocked, the faces of Blaise and Draco remained untouched by the provocation of laughter, and merely watched you with gentle faces of worry.

Now, as tears proceeded to uncontrollably pour, you could not quite tell whether it was from Snape's Occlumency lessons, or whether it was now from the cold manner in which Malfoy seemed to look at you and the proud manner in which Parkinson sat on his lap.

Throwing your Slytherin robe off yourself, you forcefully sat down on your bed and threw your head into your hands, crying more than you'd ever let yourself. You could barely contain your sobs, and felt your chest drown itself in sorrow. Clenching your jaw, you bit down onto your tongue, hoping to hold back as many as sobs as possible to avoid the Slytherins out in the common room from hearing you. However, that could only be done to a certain extent. And soon, you found yourself aching woefully, your head in your hands, groaning and crying, allowing all your frustrations out.

And, to think that this wasn't even the end of today. It could only get worse, as you were going to be hit with Snape's further training and memories of Draco Malfoy were going to continuously flash before your eyes.

Yeah, it was a good enough reason to cry more.