Pressure

"You can use my room," Dean muttered, staying beside you while the rest of your group fell in line. Dean was the first one to stop, standing in front of the door, taking a deep breath before opening it. 

Dean glanced back, glaring at Crowley. "Crowley, you don't have to stay," Dean grumbled, stepping into his room, waiting for everyone before he slammed it shut. 

"I know squirrel, but I want to. I'm very invested in my princess here, and I want to see what happens." Crowley argued before taking his place in the corner, far away from everyone else, blending into the shadows. 

With Cas staying by your side, you sat down on the bed. Dean towered over Cas, his mouth drawn thin in frustration and fear. Sam was off to the side, his arms crossed, his face unreadable. 

"If you lay down this will be easier." Cas suggested, and you quickly complied. "Does anyone have a belt, or a strap of leather for her to bite into? To help with the pain?" 

Crowley nodded, and with a snap of his fingers, he had a thick piece of leather in his hand. He handed it to Dean, who looked down at it, his face unreadable.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" He finally asked, his hand clenching the leather tight. "I've been shot, stabbed, beaten to a pulp more times than I can count. But I'm not sure I can handle watching you go through this much pain. What if I lose you again?" He muttered quietly, just loud enough that you could hear.

You grasped his hand, pulling him down until your lips were next to his ear. Taking the strap of leather, you pressed your lips to his cheek. "And that's why I want to do this. I know I'm already falling for you, probably for the second time," you chuckled. "But I need to remember. I feel like a major part of me is missing, and I know our relationship won't be complete until then." 

"But I wasn't always a good person, and I did some things I'm not proud of. Things that might ruin any chance I might have with you." Dean mumbled,  and your heart bled for the torment showing in his eyes, how much he believed what he said was true.

You knew Dean was rough around the edges, even though you couldn't remember much. But you knew that you would fight to have a relationship with him, and it would take something horrific to change your mind. "I know we can work through anything." You assured him before swinging your legs up onto the bed and laying down. "Because I already love you." You told him, nodding at Cas and placing the piece of leather in your mouth.

Dean went to hold your hand, but Cas shook his head at him. "I don't want to take the chance that anything might transfer between the two of you." He explained.

Dean nodded, but you could tell he wasn't happy. He moved over to where Sam was standing, his brother patting him on the back in support.

Cas began pulling his trench coat off, along with his suit coat before rolling the sleeves of his white shirt up. Looking down at you, he began explaining what he was about to do. "I'm going to place two fingers on your forehead, and at first gauge how hard it will be to get your memories back, or if it's even possible. You will feel the intrusion, and it won't be comfortable. If I can retrieve your memories, it will be even worse. There is always the possibility that you might not be able to withstand the pressure and pain."

Shaking with fear, you nodded, telling him you were ready, before glancing once more at Dean, needing to take in his features again in case it was the last time you would ever see him.

He had the sleeves of his flannel shirt rolled up, his arms crossed against his chest. His legs were spread wide, his stance extremely masculine. He had stubble growing on his chin, his hair standing up more than usual from the fact that he kept running his hands through it. His full lips were pressed together, his discomfort showing in them and the tightness of his shoulders.

Giving him a reassuring smile, you turned your attention back to Cas, who had his hand ready above your head. Taking a deep breath, you focused on his fingers slowly moving down, before pressing right in the middle of your forehead.

At first you wondered if it was even going to work. But soon the pressure began to build, right behind your eyes, making your vision blur. Squeezing your eyes shut, you tried to turning your head away from, but Cas forced you to stay still. 

The pressure soon turned to pain, it felt as if someone was drilling in your brain, and you cried out, thrashing your body around, trying to get away from all the pain.

"Someone hold her still!" You vaguely heard Cas yell, and before you knew it you were completely immobile, but it didn't feel like anyone was touching you. Crowley must have used his powers on you.

You were completely frozen, except for your head which Cas held still with his grip. You could feel the intense pressure and pain, and you weren't sure you could stand it much longer. Tears trailed down your cheek, every muscle in your body clenched as you tried to ride out the pain, the leather embedded with teeth marks as you bit down hard.  

"I have to dig deeper!" Cas yelled, and whatever pain you thought you were feeling was nothing to the pain now. A scream broke out from between your lips, your head in agony, your skull wanting to split in two from the pressure. It was too much to handle, and you gladly let the darkness overtake you.