Chapter 24 : If/Then

I had been talking to Cody for a while now and we had become very close friends. We had to paint the set, even thought we still had a long time before anything happened. But it still ha to be done. There's were already layout's of everything , all we had to do is paint. We had all of class to paint. So we made our way to the auditorium and began to paint. I had set down a large bucket of paint and pulled out a brush. " So tell more about yourself" Cody asked , " Um , let's see , I used to be into dance but I'm not anymore , I'm adopted , I used to play a interment but I don't have a lot of time anymore , My favorite Movie is Across the Universe-" , " What's Across the Universe?" he asked, " It's a movie musical that has a lot of Beatles song's in it and made a story out of them" I said , " I don't know what else to say" I said.

"What about you?" I asked ,"Well , I play Guitar , I'm an only He said ," Nice I wish I was an only child" I told him, "You have sibling's?" he asked , " Yeah , I have a big sister named Rhyme but we're around the same age but she was born one month earlier to me , and I have a little sister named Harmony". He nodded and went on still painting , something felt off about him , when he stood up to paint upwards, I saw small little cut's on his arm's near his wrists , " You okay" I asked , he looked at me " What? , yeah I'm fine" he said as he rolled back up his selves.

When we were done painting Cody said something to me that I wasn't ready for ," My parents fight a lot" he said , I touched his arm" Cody , I'm so sorry" he shook his head " No , it's fine , I guess you're the only friend that I've ever had in a long time , and It just feels good to talk to" he smiled " Well I'm glad that I met you" I told him , he pulled me into a hug , something I wasn't ready for "Thank you" he said. He pulled away from me " Sorry , I don't normally do that with people , I just wanted to say thank you" , I shook my head " No , it's fine , it felt good , there was a lot of drama in my life before going to High School and I'm just glad I have a friend , even through I love the Chicken Girls , I just need to have my onw friend and I think that's you" , he looked at me ' What's a Chicken Girl" , " Well when we were little , me , my sister Rhyme , My friend Ellie , and Quinn , our moms would play us this one song and we made a dance to it and we have a bond that no now can break , no matter what , but we also have a another girl who's a chicken Girl her name is Kayla" I told him and he nodded , but I could still tell that he didn't understand.

The next day I saw Rhyme run as fast as she could down the stairs and outside so I followed her until we were at T.K's house , there was no Moving van , Rhyme ran up the stairs and knocked on the door. I was right be her side " Rhyme , what are you doing" I asked ,T.k and Birdies mom opened the door ," Is T.k still Here"? she asked , T.k's mom looked like she had cried or still was crying , " No , he just left with his dad, I'm sorry girls " she closed the door and my eyes felt waterer , Rhyme just looked shocked. T.k was Gone , who knows if he'll ever come back. Rhyme sat on the steps still not saying anything but neither could I.