Chapter 40 : Cancelled

I wasn't okay the next day , I was very jumpy and worried the whole day about Cody , Rooney was passing out invitations for her 16th birthday , Rhyme had began to do Journalism , Ezra still wasn't very found of her , but I would be there for Rhyme and Ezra , Rooney walked up to me and handed me on , I looked around quickly ,' Em , I'm just giving you a invite , I'm not gonna stab you , you okay?" she asked , I shook my head , everything that had happened was coming back into my mind " Something happened last night and I.. I don't know" I told her, " well if you'll like to talk about , I got all the time right now" she said , I shook my head ," No , not until I know he's okay" I said as I walked away.

Ezra seemed upset and I was there for him ," I know she's your sister , but she swiped that scoop from under me" he said ," Well hey , you'll get the next one , Ezra , you're a amazing reporter , come on" I rubbed his back , he smiled and took his hand in mine , " Thanks Em" he said , my phone began to ring and I stood up , " I need to take this" I said and walked a little bit further away and answered , it was Jenna ," Hello?" I said ," Hey Kiddo , we know what happened to Cody" ,"Is he ok?" I asked , I heard her sniffle " I don't know , He had overdoes on some pills" she said and I heard muffle cries, " Well he be ok?" I asked again , now I was crying ," He won't wake up , they don't think he'll live for very long" she said , I had hung up the phone and sat down.

I heard my name being called and I looked up and saw that it was Effie , " Hey" I said as I stood up whipping my tears away , " What are you doing here?" I asked , " I met this guy online and I need to blend in , have a make down" she said , "Rhyme is in the newspaper room , you can see her" I said , " Ok , lead me there" she said and I did , Effie opened the door and said to Rhyme "Rhyme , there you are , I've been calling you all day' she said , "Effie?" she said , "Ezra?" she said " You're here too" asked Effie , I walked into the room " Yeah , Rhyme I found her" I said , "We met on spring break" I told Tim as he looked at her , "I go to Crown Lake" she said "I've never been to a public school before, so interesting" she said looking around the classroom" I didn't know they still made chalk boards" she pointed at. Ezra looked at me and gave me a confused looked and I just shrugged and he smiled at me.

We had moved into a another room , as to not distract the other classes , " so long story short , Ezra is a complete jerk" Rhyme told Effie , " He's not a jerk" I said m Rhyme rolled her eyes at me ," Spring break was a magical time but somethings don't exist in the real world" she told Rhyme " well expect for the new guy I'm talking to" she added , " Ooh okay spill the Tea" said Rhyme , "Ok , well we met online" she said , " wait aren't we young for that?" asked Rhyme , "regardless , I need your guys help" she said , " With what?" I asked ," he may not be going to Crown Lake" she said "apparently he goes to Attaway" she said , "Who?" me and Rhyme both asked, " don't worry about that right now, I need you two to help me" she said , "How?" Rhyme asked , "Rhyme , Em , do I need to spell it out for you? , I need a make-under" , I looked at her ," What?" , " I need to belike any old kid on the block , you know like , I want to fit in with your culture" she said " he keeps talking to me about groceries and laundry like I know what those things are" , Rhyme sighed " Okay , Effie , if me and Emma didn't love you so much literally everything you just said would be really offensive" said Rhyme , " hate me cause you hate me" she said , she turned to me " What's the deal with you and Ezra?" she asked , " We've been getting really close lately" I said , "Is he the reason why you were cr-" I cut her off " No , that was for something else" I said , Rhyme looked at us both." Are you guys like dating?" Effie asked , I smiled " Now that would be nice" I said," Oh , my baby sister has a crush" sang Rhyme, I smiled We all laughed.