Chapter 53 : Houseguests

I sat next to Harmony who was rambling on about fashion as she was reading a fashion magazine. I couldn't help but laugh as Rhyme got angrier at her. "can you keep it down please?" Rhyme had asked, " can you chill out?" Harmony asked, " that exactly what I'm trying to do" Rhyme told her" this is the only day that I have to myself without Astrid or boy drama or friend drama so just shh"

The sound of the doorbell rang and Harmony smiled as she said Loudly " I'll get it", Rhyme looked annoyed, " You shouldn't be this stressed out" I told her, She sighed " I know but it's just -" I interrupted her " No I know, if you need help, I'm always here for you , you know". She seemed to calm down. Soon Harmony came back into the room " Look who's here", we both looked up to see Astrid's mom. Her face lit up as soon as she saw me and Rhyme, " Aunt Collen" Rhyme said, "My Darling Rhyme and Emma, I've missed you so, you've both grown so much, I can't believe it" she said she turned to Harmony " and so have you" she says to her.

"is your mom here?" she asked us, I shook my head " No, she out running some errands", " And Astrid?", " Working, she has a job at Juniors" I said. "oh Busy Bee, huh? well this is why she hasn't been answering my calls or texts" she clears her throat. "Show me the direction of the powered room, I have to freshen up". We all point to where it was and she runs off. Rhyme has an uneasy look on her face.

Once she was done, me , Rhyme, and Aunt Collen all sat on the couch and talked. " I'm just so glad that Astrid has a role model like you two, You're both so driven and focused and so well behaved" Aunt Collen said, I felt bad for Astrid to have a mom like her. " You remind me of myself when I was your age" she said to Rhyme "Oh, I do?" she asked, She nods " yes!, I loved writing, I wanted to be a poet but your grandmother wouldn't let me, so I moved to New York, and I met this wonderful Artist Mentor, and I moved to Paris and Berlin" She balladed on, "Wow, your life seems pretty great" I told her, "it was, sweetie. it really, really was, but enough of my rambling's" She had slammed her hand on the chair " shall we go to Junior's to surprise Astrid?" she asked, " Yeah , I can text her right now and let her know" Rhyme said, But she scoffed " it'll be more fun if we surprise her" she said as she stood up. Rhyme pulled out her phone and quickly texted Astrid.

When we had gotten to Junior's Wes was there but Astrid wasn't. " Hey! Rhyme" Wes said as he was Rhyme walk in. "Hey" she said. " is Astrid here? this is her mom, Collen". " Actually she just went on break" he told her. " Aren't you a handsome boy? I bet Astrid has a big crush on you, so what's it like working with my daughter?" She asked him. "Yeah, she's great" Wes replied, " Well, be careful , I just don't wanna see a sweet boy like yourself getting hurt" Collen said to him. " You know what, Colleen we can just meet Astrid back at the house" I suggested, I could tell that everyone was uncomfortable "Nonsense" She laughed " she's just on a quick break, she'll be back any second, Right?, Westley?" she asked him , "It's actually just Wes" Rhyme corrected her, Collen looked at Rhyme then at Wes " you two would make an Adorable couple, actually".

We waited for a long time that Collen began to ramble on " I was only a little bit older than you in this one" She showed him a picture, " Wow, you look just like Astrid" Wes commented, "Hm, I think I was a little prettier" she huffed, "Rhyme are you feeling well?, you look a little pale" Wes asked her "yeah, you know all of a sudden, I don't feel the greatest" Rhyme said, " Oh No!" Colleen said sadly " do you want some water?" she asked, Rhyme shook her head " No, No, I'm good, it's just like a stomach thing, so I think maybe we should go" She insisted, "Oh, well, you're no fun, alright, fine, we'll go, Bye Wesley tell Astrid I stopped by will you?" She asked him, " sure thing" He said, Collen turned to us "All right" and we left Junior's.

Once we had gotten home, Me and Rhyme both sat on the couch as well as Colleen, "was that my mom?" Rhyme asked as Collen had opened a scrapbook , "Yep" she told her " that's Molly, that's your grandmother over there and that's me next to your mom", I smiled " You guys look so happy", " Yeah" she laughed " life before havin' a kid on your own was a lot easier , especially when that kid's so difficult , I always wonder what life would've been like if I hadn't had them", The door opened and we all saw Astrid walk into the room "Astrid" she exclaims happily, "My darling" she sat up and gave her a hug " what are you going here mom?" she asked coldly, "A mom needs a reason to visit her only child?" she asked, " Can I talk to you?" Astrid asked her "Alone, please" she looked over at us and we both stood up and walked out of the room. Rhyme had kept the door slightly opened as that we both could see what's going on. " I'm gonna ask you again, why are you here?" She asked again, " I wanted to see you" Collen replied "God, Mom can you stop lying for once in your life?" Astrid looked like she was on the verge of tears " I know why you're here" she spat. She had pulled out a piece of paper from her purse and handed it to her. Colleen took it, Her hand caressed Astrid's check but she swatted her hand away and she left the room. Astrid looked at where we were and walked over to the door " what are you looking at?" she spat as she slammed the door.

A/N: I'm Alive, I'm Not Dead, I decide that I need to finish this book , or well at least until Season 6 come out , so I'll be uploading as much as I can but no promises.