Chapter 33 : Bye Bye Birdie

We were going to have Thanksgiving at Rooney's and Quinn's, Cody was still living with us , if ever did go home it was to get clean clothes, his mom would be at work so he could go into his house and change. But he didn't want to be alone. We were walking in the halls with Quinn and Kayla ," You should come to our house for thanksgiving , it could be like a Chickens Girls Thanksgiving" said Quinn " Expect for Ellie" said Kayla ," You mean Brook" I corrected her. We all rolled our eyes at that name. " Em , will Cody be there"? asked Quinn , I nodded " Since stuff with his family happened , he would have begged me for him to go , he doesn't like being alone that much" I told her.

Rhyme stood there watching Drake and Angie practice I was with her , Cody had to grade some papers so we were waiting for him, When they were about to Kiss Rhyme stood up and ran out of there. I followed her , but I ran into Cody ," Oh sorry" I said , "It's fine ,why are you running?" he asked ," Something happened , you can come with me , but if Rhyme went to the bathroom , you can't come in" I told him , " I know that , I'm not stupid , but I'll be right outside the door if you need me" I kissed his cheek " Thanks Babe" I said and we followed to where Rhyme went.

I walked in and I hear Rhyme talking to Ellie , " Ellie, we're having thanksgiving at Quinn's and Rooney's house, you and your mom should come , it would be just like old time, you can bring Robbie" , I walked in and saw the Ellie was crying " Hey Ellie" I said , she looked up at me and smiled "Yeah I'd like that", we were about to leave when Ellie called " Em , Rhyme never call me Brook ever again" she said and we all went in for a group hug.

At Rooney's house all the girls were sitting in the living rom talking when Ellie walked in ," You came" I said , " Yeah" she said , " you finally realized your new friend suck" snapped Kayla , " Yeah , they weren't my real friends anyways" Ellie said. We all sat and began to talk ," Hey Em , why is Cody living with you?" asked Rooney , " Well some family stuff happened , I don't want to get into it , but when he found out he was divested so I told him he could stay with us". They all nodded. We all sat down at the table and were talking , Cody say next to me , holding my hand , Birdie's mom had come. We all welcomed her with open arms and tried our best to say the right things , " When's the turkey ready" asked Kayla ," Ready soon , but you know what Turkey reminds me of , Chicken" we all laughed.

We were all talking , we then began to do our dance , Cody was smiling at me the whole time , he was enjoying this so much. Near the end Rooney's mom tapped her spoon onto her wine class silencing us all , " we have a tradition in this household, that before we eat, we like to say something that we're thankful for" she said , "I'll start , I'm thankful for all my friends and family that are here to celebrate together" , " I'm thankful that I don't have to eat my mom's cooking this year" said Kayla , " I am so thankful that we got Mr. Forrester to wear that hat" said Ellie , " I'm thankful that I get to celebrate this day with , new friends and family" I looked at Cody and he smiled ," I'm thankful that even thought my parent's isn't together , I'm glad that I have a family to go to at the end of the day" Cody said , " I'm thankful that even though I can't be with them today , I have two beautiful children, I just wish they could be here to celebrate with us" Birdie's mom said.

"I'll be right back" said Rhyme as she went outside, " I , uh , made a pie , I'll go get it" said Ellie , Robbie stood up " I'm gonna go help her out" he said, We ended up talking when all of a sudden Robin Robbins came in said to Robbie , " Gobble Gobble losers" she said ," Mom?" asked Robbie " what are you doing here?" , " you said you've been so miserable here that you want to leave , well pack you bag's kid we're going on tour" Robbie held Ellie's hand.