45

quick recap in case you forgot:

The soulmate bond between Jimin and Hyojin allows them to restart the day when both of them regret a decision they've made in the day, mainly to help fix their problems with each other and to move on in life without regrets. This philosophy is written by Kim Joohwan, a famous Korean philosopher that came up with the concept of a person's time being made for a specific other, making them soulmates. Other than the ability to go back in time together, they may share other abilities or features that both soulmates will experience.

During a lunar cycle, people are able to try and find their soulmates but only 20 in the world will have their soulmates revealed. Jimin and Hyojin are part of the lucky 20.

JIMIN POV

I knock on the door frantically, nearly crashing into Ms Mae as she opens the door. "J-Jimin, calm down..."

Jungkook gets up from the couch, walking to me and putting his hand on my chest. "She's fine, Jimin. She's resting. We can talk out here for now."

"W-where is she? And why did you have her phone?" Jimin puffs, side glaring him.

We sit down on Ms Mae's couch, her giving me a hot tea to calm down. Jungkook rests his elbows on his knees, looking deep in thought.

"I didn't know she was your girlfriend," he begins awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "I just saw her walking down the street crying and wanted to make sure she was okay."

His statement makes me wince, knowing that she could have been in serious danger if she had met anyone other than Jungkook.

"T-thanks for taking care of her, Kook," I say softly, feeling guilty that he became more involved than expected.

He sighs disappointed, patting my thigh. "You were an asshole to her, Jimin."

"I know that!" I raise my voice at him, standing up abruptly. He doesn't flinch, just looks at me emotionless.

"That's why I'm here. To make things right," I sit back down, stuttering.

"Well at least I know you, hyung. It's not like you to do something like that. But she was really broken when I found her."

I rub my hand on my face, tired. "Kook, why didn't you send her to a hospital? Her condition could've been much worse than it shows."

Flashback, 2 hours before

JUNGKOOK POV

I catch her before she can slump off the bench, holding her unconscious body to my chest. "H-Hyojin?"

With shaking hands, I take my phone out of my back pocket and call for an ambulance. As it's ringing I feel a hand grip my arm weakly. "Hyojin, are you—"

"No," she mumbles weakly. "N-no hospitals."

"Hyojin, you look really bad. Please you need to—"

"J-just take me to my mom's house. I'll be fine."

This girl is really stubborn. Panic shot through my veins when I saw her looking almost as if she'll go into cardiac arrest. "P-please..." she tugs at my jacket desperately.

Sigh. I guess I'm no longer a passing stranger.

I pick her up in my arms and walk towards my car, putting her in the backseat.