Seventy-seven

I came back to visit Jaebum early for no reason

I came back to visit Jaebum early for no reason. Well, not for no reason, I just wanted to be the first person to see him that's all. I've been in his room in silence for about an hour when a bag was placed in my lap. I looked up and saw Taehyung looking down at me. "Good morning to you too Yoongi". Taehyung says and looked down at the bag.

"It's breakfast since I know you didn't have any". Taehyung said and sat down in a chair. "Thanks for making my job easier by the way". Taehyung said and I looked at him. Taehyung pointed to Jaebum and chuckled. "What are you talking about?". I asked. "You changed the towel on his head". Taehyung replied. "I didn't". I said. "Then who did?". Taehyung tilts his head. "The nurse probably".

"The nurses don't come in here til ten... It's eight in the morning". Taehyung says and I flinched. "You're adorable". Taehyung snickers. "Shut up". I growled. "So you do have a cute side to you?". Taehyung smirks. "Where's Jimin?". I asked. "He's eating". Taehyung answers and I blinked at him. "What? You thought I wasn't gonna answer you?". Taehyung asks and I looked down.

"You should have at least helped him see Jae". I spat. "Visiting hours don't start til nine". Taehyung grins at me and I blushed in embarrassment. "Shut up". I played with the bag that was still in my lap. "I paid for that food with my own money, so you better eat it". Taehyung threatened. "Whatever". I sighed and took out the food he brought me. "What the... Panda Express?". I stared at him.

"The God of food, you're welcome". Taehyung beams. "Would panda express be open at this time?". I asked. "Shut up". Taehyung says. I rolled my eyes and started eating. "You don't have to tell me, I know it's good". Taehyung says proudly. "It's cold". I said. "Fuck you want me to do about it? Pray?". Taehyung says and I looked at him.

"Why are you here?". I rubbed my head. "I'm here to see your humanity". Taehyung replied. "Humanity? With my extreme hatred for the human race?". I raised a brow. "You right... Let me rephrase that". Taehyung turns to Jaebum. "I'm here to see another best friend bond that isn't mine and Jimin". Taehyung said. "In case you haven't realized, you been visiting for a whole week now".

"I know that". I groaned. "You're such a friend". Taehyung says. "All you needed was some prep time and since you got that, you'll be by Jae's side for a very long time". Taehyung said. "Do I really have the right to?". I said. "Don't know, you still chasing Jimin?". Taehyung asks and I didn't say anything. "That was the first time you asked what Jimin was doing in a while you know".

I clenched my fist together cause he was right, I really didn't care for Jimin at all in the past week. "See, you do deserve to be here". Taehyung pats me on my shoulder. "Worry about Jae and I'll worry about my soulmate". Taehyung walks out after that. The room went quiet again and I sighed. "You heard that Jae? I lost... Like I had a chance to begin with". I smiled bitterly. "I... I'm sorry man". I covered my face.

"Just... Just wake up for Jimin... Please?". I pledged. I sat in the room for a while til I decided to leave. "If you don't wake up, I'll kill you". I said. "Yes, I'm threatening you, I don't fucking care". I scoffed and left. And again, I missed it...

Jaebum's fingers twitching.