7. Animal Shelter

_____________________

| May 23rd, Saturday, 2020 |

  It seemed like Division 1 had heard FLASHLIGHT the other day as they gave them a free weekend.

  It'd be their last weekend before the reality show started, meaning it'd be their last comfortable days for about a month or so.

  Boram, Jaein and Remi were leaving the town to visit their families. As of Annie...well, her parents and sister are in Canada, and apparently her brother had a shooting, so she wouldn't be able to spend some time with him. He did say Annie could go to the set, but she didn't want to be a burden.

  Because of that, she chose to volunteer at the cat shelter she had gone to a few times before debuting.

  Annie went to the pet shop to buy a few items, then also got coffee for the staff.

"Bye, Yujin! Thanks for taking me even on your day off."

  She hopped out of the car.

"No problem, Haerim. Call me if you need anything!"

  The manager drove away and Annie nervously entered the place.

"Hi...uh...I'm Ahn Haerim...I'm a volunteer...and a brought a few things too."

"Oh, hello! Nice to meet you! I just need your volunteer card and then you're good to go!"

  The woman spoke in a lively tone, but that didn't ease Annie.

Shoot. My card. I didn't get it, did I?

"Uhm...I forgot my card..."

"Ah...then, do you have your ID with you?"

"...And that's why we had to take her somewhere else, but she's going to be fin- Haerimmie! Long time no see, oh my God! I thought you wouldn't come anymore!"

  An old lady entered the room, immediately noticing the girl.

"O-oh, Mrs. Park, hello! I've been busy, sorry."

  Annie answered the lady and glanced at the figure beside her.

"Ah, you don't know each other! Minho, this is Ahn Haerim, she started helping a few months ago and now she's back! Haerim, this is Lee Minho, he's been helping since 2018, but weirdly you two never met each other!"

  She laughed while the two smiled awkwardly.

"Haerim?"

  Lee Know wrinkled his brows.

"It's a pretty name, right?"

  The old lady commented.

"Ah. Yeah."

  He forced a smile.

"Well- Haerimmie, did you bring all of those things?"

  Mrs. Park pointed at the 3 bags and one box of coffee.